KERR: Bubba rope, master pull, or Overland and why? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
Which do you recommend and why? Not meant to bash any of the products....just tell the positives and the areas that could be improved.

I have been searching and Bubba ropes look pretty nice....

I have the 1"x30' Super Yanker from Master Pull. Simply put its awesome. My 2"x30' tow strap hasn't been used since I got the yanker. The yanker really shines in pulling people out of mud and snow. You can get a good running start without that sudden shock that jars your kidneys.
I've been VERY happy with my Super Yanker.

That said, IDK what's going on with Mastr Pull in general. It seems they have gone downhill since Alex left. They don't even offer the 1" Yanker any more which I thought was their most popular. Everyone I wheel with has the 1" size. It used to be you could find the 1' Yankers on Master Pull's Ebay site for ~$80 shipped with a bag.
Master Pull's selection has gone down and their prices up. :(

Which do you recommend and why? Not meant to bash any of the products....just tell the positives and the areas that could be improved.

I have been searching and Bubba ropes look pretty nice....

They are all good stuff and should be made from double braid nylon line. Manufacturers vary but you want a good manufacturer, not a "budget" overseas one.

Bubba Rope has some extra coatings which are nice. They cost a bit more. I've talked to the owner and he seems very knowledgeable and a nice guy.

MasterPull makes nice stuff. Nothing wrong with going with them.

We (Southeast Overland) splice our own kinetic recovery ropes in house to order from Samson's Super Strong line. Ours measure true to length - that is a 20' line is 20' and a 30' line is 30'. We've seen some other manufacturers (not naming those above) that sell a 20' line that is actually 17'. Dat ain't cool.

Our 7/8" x 20' line has a MSRP of $105.95 and our 30' has a MSRP of $125.95. Both are 10% off right now - until I get the time to adjust the prices back to normal from our last sale.

Check out our lines HERE.

I have a 30' from ASR. I've used it a few times now and can't say enough good things about kinetic rope.

Did u get the 1" or 7/8"

The more I read it seems that the 7/8 is ideal for cruisers...

7/8" is a good size unless you are really heavy for a Cruiser. If you go too thick you won't get enough stretch out of the line. You also don't want to go too thin and risk breakage.

7/8" is a good size unless you are really heavy for a Cruiser. If you go too thick you won't get enough stretch out of the line. You also don't want to go too thin and risk breakage.

That's what I thought too. I wrote ASR as their prices are reasonable and they still appear to be decent quality.

They recommended 1". That has a 33500lbs break. Maybe I am paranoid but I think they are trying to "up-sell" me.

Reading reviews and watching videos 7/8" seems perfect. I don't think 1" will have the stretch I am looking for.

Weight-wise my cruiser has nothing "added"
other than 285/75-16 dura-tracs, a 48" hi-lift and some chains in it.

HOWEVER, I am planning an ARB deluxe bumper, harbor freight (yes I know they are not Warns, but they get the job done) 12k lbs winch, sliders and an emu lift in the next 6mths. (I did not
tell ASR that).

Anyway with that in mind is the 7/8" still recommended??

I think I am gonna go with SE Overland. Bubba looks very nice, but a little bit of overkill for my usage to justify the price.

Just hoping the stay on sale for a while (hint, hint) I try to limit my self to 1 upgrade mod a month.

Overland what size do u recommend??

another Master Pull super yanker .. so far happy with it in a couple of uses .. nothing like pushing the limits yet ..

They look like a decent price, but as someone else stated earlier...some of their products are AWOL...I have no inside info on them or their products...but normally that is not a good sign...

That's what I thought too. I wrote ASR as their prices are reasonable and they still appear to be decent quality.

They recommended 1". That has a 33500lbs break. Maybe I am paranoid but I think they are trying to "up-sell" me.

Reading reviews and watching videos 7/8" seems perfect. I don't think 1" will have the stretch I am looking for.

Weight-wise my cruiser has nothing "added"
other than 285/75-16 dura-tracs, a 48" hi-lift and some chains in it.

HOWEVER, I am planning an ARB deluxe bumper, harbor freight (yes I know they are not Warns, but they get the job done) 12k lbs winch, sliders and an emu lift in the next 6mths. (I did not
tell ASR that).

Anyway with that in mind is the 7/8" still recommended??

I think I am gonna go with SE Overland. Bubba looks very nice, but a little bit of overkill for my usage to justify the price.

Just hoping the stay on sale for a while (hint, hint) I try to limit my self to 1 upgrade mod a month.

Overland what size do u recommend??

Our 7/8" kinetic recovery ropes are made from Samson Super Strong and have an average break strength (ABS) of 24,700 lbs. We recommend a 3-4 times safety factor vehicle weight vs line strength. So a 6,000 lb vehicle has a 4+x safety factor and an 8,000 lb vehicle has a 3+x safety factor.

Our shop DD is a FJC, 33's, armored front rear side and belly, winch, and a bunch of tools and gear. We have snatched the every living fool out of our 7/8" line without a problem. Make sure you have enough diameter not to break the line but not so much that the line won't stretch enough. If someone gave me a 1" I'd use it and not think twice, but if I was buying a line I'd go 7/8".

You might notice that we currently only offer kinetic recovery ropes in 7/8" because we stock that diameter. We stock that diameter because it is our #1 seller by far. I have a 300' spool sitting on the splicing bench with your name on it. ;)

Our 7/8" kinetic recovery ropes are made from Samson Super Strong and have an average break strength (ABS) of 24,700 lbs. We recommend a 3-4 times safety factor vehicle weight vs line strength. So a 6,000 lb vehicle has a 4+x safety factor and an 8,000 lb vehicle has a 3+x safety factor.

Our shop DD is a FJC, 33's, armored front rear side and belly, winch, and a bunch of tools and gear. We have snatched the every living fool out of our 7/8" line without a problem. Make sure you have enough diameter not to break the line but not so much that the line won't stretch enough. If someone gave me a 1" I'd use it and not think twice, but if I was buying a line I'd go 7/8".

You might notice that we currently only offer kinetic recovery ropes in 7/8" because we stock that diameter. We stock that diameter because it is our #1 seller by far. I have a 300' spool sitting on the splicing bench with your name on it. ;)

Ok, your updates and insight have sold me. Ordering on Monday.

Thanks

I have the one inch and have used it a few times. I wheel with quite a group and have yanked a couple full sized mud trucks with it (out of snow, they're on 44 boggers). I've bought from ASR a number of times (5 I believe) and they've been great to work with. They're also a club sponsor for Cascade Cruisers.

I have the one inch and have used it a few times. I wheel with quite a group and have yanked a couple full sized mud trucks with it (out of snow, they're on 44 boggers). I've bought from ASR a number of times (5 I believe) and they've been great to work with. They're also a club sponsor for Cascade Cruisers.

Definitely not trying to sound sarcastic, but why 5? All different thickness, gifts for people, did they break??

(I have nothing against ASR and no first hand knowledge on any if the kinetic straps, asking a serious question)

Definitely not trying to sound sarcastic, but why 5? All different thickness, gifts for people, did they break??

(I have nothing against ASR and no first hand knowledge on any if the kinetic straps, asking a serious question)

I've bought winch line, dog leashes, tree straps, and kinetic rope from them all @ different times. I like their customer service and know from use that they make great products.
I think SE Overland probably does a fantastic job, and obviously they're here as a vendor adding a lot to our community. I'm just adding to the conversation in the sense that there are other very good vendors out there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom