KERR: Bubba rope, master pull, or Overland and why? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello everyone. In the market for a recovery rope or strap and found this almost 5 year old thread. I've read a lot of the other threads but thought I'd revive this one since it covers my question and I'm curious if everyone still feels the same way.

I don't think I'll be using the rope enough to warrant the need for the extra coating on the Bubba Rope but I'm kinda stuck between that, the Southeast Overland home built or just going a bit lower cost and getting the ARB strap.

Any new opinions on these three options (or others? 4x4Billet?)

Cheers,
rjones

They are all good stuff and should be made from double braid nylon line. Manufacturers vary but you want a good manufacturer, not a "budget" overseas one.

Bubba Rope has some extra coatings which are nice. They cost a bit more. I've talked to the owner and he seems very knowledgeable and a nice guy.

MasterPull makes nice stuff. Nothing wrong with going with them.

We (Southeast Overland) splice our own kinetic recovery ropes in house to order from Samson's Super Strong line. Ours measure true to length - that is a 20' line is 20' and a 30' line is 30'. We've seen some other manufacturers (not naming those above) that sell a 20' line that is actually 17'. Dat ain't cool.

Our 7/8" x 20' line has a MSRP of $105.95 and our 30' has a MSRP of $125.95. Both are 10% off right now - until I get the time to adjust the prices back to normal from our last sale.

Check out our lines HERE.

Awesome! As soon as I get back to the shop next week I need to splice a few more for stock. :)

Just checked out your site-- nice stuff-- will be ordering for sure!

Hello everyone. In the market for a recovery rope or strap and found this almost 5 year old thread. I've read a lot of the other threads but thought I'd revive this one since it covers my question and I'm curious if everyone still feels the same way.

I don't think I'll be using the rope enough to warrant the need for the extra coating on the Bubba Rope but I'm kinda stuck between that, the Southeast Overland home built or just going a bit lower cost and getting the ARB strap.

Cheers,
rjones
The only thing I'll say is don't go the ARB strap route. From first hand experience, the strap doesn't have nearly the effect of the ropes.

Cheers,
rjones

Treaty Oak Offroad out of Houston is making some great recovery gear. He's got a few things that set him apart. You should have a look at their website if you're still in need.

I am going with Southeast Overland 1.25" Kinetic Recovery Rope; in fact, thanks for reminder as I will order it now.

Actually, I just ordered 20' of the 7/8" 20,500 LB instead. Should be enough for my needs.

70AB9DC8-A8B9-4E4A-B280-C871866B72C0.jpeg
I sound like walking advertisement but my 1” x 10’ Southeast Overland KRR 32,750 lb arrived today. Super quality and looks very cool. Thanks Steve and thanks for the keychain!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom