Keeps locking after already locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ran into an odd thing today for the first time. When my 200 is already locked, if I walk up to the truck, it continues trying to lock again every 3-5 seconds (it beeps, door locks lock again). If I grab the handle it doesn’t unlock like it normally would. The lock and unlock buttons on the key fob still work fine. I replaced the battery in the key fob and that didn’t resolve the issue. Strangely this is only happening when I am standing on the driver’s side. From the passenger side, everything is functioning correctly.

Any thoughts?

For reference, it’s a 2008 LC 200.

I hate to be one to always posts about water, but for some reason anytime strange electrical things of this nature come up, my first thought is water in the wrong place (that is, anywhere inside). Are the footwells, under the dash, in the door sills under the trim, and behind the kick panels all dry? Sunroof drains clear? Windshield and/or cowl sealed well? Any recent hard rains?

Maybe back key FOB?
Try your 2nd one.

I hate to be one to always posts about water, but for some reason anytime strange electrical things of this nature come up, my first thought is water in the wrong place (that is, anywhere inside). Are the footwells, under the dash, in the door sills under the trim, and behind the kick panels all dry? Sunroof drains clear? Windshield and/or cowl sealed well? Any recent hard rains?
That’s a very good thought. It’s been raining pretty hard here for the last few days. I’ll check the footwells, sunroof drains, etc. for moisture. Thanks for the idea.

The sunroof drains are clear and the footwells and door sills are dry behind the kick panels. Anywhere else the moisture could be lurking from the rain?

You may want to go and get a 2nd key fob off ebay amazon or from toyota (I think toyota online parts has 20% off right now) .
Anyways .. if you get a new FOB get an OEM one.
Then you can get some local key shop, lock smith, to code it for you or someone with a coder.

Maybe the FOB button is stuck? they are easy to take apart and check and put back together.

To test the FOB issue, walk up to the vehicle without the FOB.

You may want to go and get a 2nd key fob off ebay amazon or from toyota (I think toyota online parts has 20% off right now) .
Anyways .. if you get a new FOB get an OEM one.
Then you can get some local key shop, lock smith, to code it for you or someone with a coder.

Maybe the FOB button is stuck? they are easy to take apart and check and put back together.

To test the FOB issue, walk up to the vehicle without the FOB.
I took the fob apart and nothing seems to be stuck. The issue only occurs if I walk up to the driver’s side with the fob.

I’ll order an oem fob and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thanks all!

If FOB works fine on one side then it is probably not the fob but the door lock/sensor on the other side.

It should be inside the door but I've never done this. Maybe others can help.
Thanks. Oddly enough, this morning when I went out to open the door, everything worked like normal. Who knows if the issue will reappear but so far today everything is operating fine.

You need to open up the big connectors in the footwell to see if they have water or signs of water in them, it does not take a lot to cause issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom