Keeping my FJ40 & Starting 3FE RestoMod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for the explanation! I really appreciate that. I had not ever heard of a graphite paint or paint with graphite properties in it. But that totally makes sense.

Started the one set of leaf springs today. Lots of grinding. Using a flapper disc works the quickest.

3ECF433D-9E0F-4490-81D3-6BC715B25C83.jpeg

9678E465-AD7E-4314-BD39-D3F7469511B6.jpeg

Don't remove the motor mounts off the frame. My 3fe dropped right in with a slight slot of one mount and some existing motor mount bushings I had lying around. People use graphite paint avail at farm and home stores on the springs.
Tornadoalleycruiser,
I came across this tread. I’m doing a similar build. 3FE into a ‘77 40. The motor dropped right in except for the front motor mounts, they were a little tight but went in no problem. I used the bellhousing from the 2F, it bolted right up. I’m keeping the 4 speed.

Can you give more detail as to which motor mount you adjusted and how? The reason I’m asking is I’m at the point of fitting the fan shroud to the radiator frame(but can still get to the motor mounts). I believe, due to the design difference between the 2F and the 3F, the fan sits about an inch lower and also a smidge to the drivers side. We’re talking about an 1” to 1.5”, maybe, in those directions. If I could gain, even a 1\2” to the passenger side, would help a lot with the fitment of the fan shroud. I used the motor mounts from the 62. Where did you add the “slight slot of one mount”?

Thanks

I used a combo of 62 and 40 motor mounts. I recall cutting the metal overlap off the 62 mount to get it to move. And fan shroud still was off half inch or more. I can provide more input this weekend when in country. 62 mounts are offset, 40 are straight. I also used the 62 pass motor mount to keep ac mount. If u use 2f mounts it will go in easier. I also relocated a bunch of accessories. I didn't like the power steering on the pass side so used a volvo pump where the air pump was and a york where the stock ps pump was located.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom