Just picked up FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Power wash the engine it before you do the oil pan gasket You'll be glad you did. Nice Cruiser.

I actually did that and this is whats left. I also thru out my back when i was spraying it and was bed ridden for a week and found out i have 3 bulging disc. which is the reason i have been working on replacing the gaskets for the past 3 weeks. it just plain sucks not being able to do anything.

Congrats, I like the color. Your engine compartment looks completely different than my '85. Somehow less cluttered.

Can I ask why the '87 is desireable? I'm a newbie.

i finished up all of the gaskets except the rear main seal. only thing i can say is i am glad the oil pan gasket is done and dont leak right now. man that was a big pita. next week will be the lift and wheels and tires as long as it all comes in

Congrats, I like the color. Your engine compartment looks completely different than my '85. Somehow less cluttered.

Can I ask why the '87 is desireable? I'm a newbie.

78z1r
Still a newb myself
The 87 is desireable becouse it was the last year for the fj60(4spd metal dash etc. vs fj62).
Also the non-usa 5spd (popular upgrade due to overdrive..gas mileage etc) will bolt on directly to the 87 whereas earlier 60's need a little more work to get the tranny to fit
just my .02

Nice truck and good price.

I'd get rid of the Mallory distributor and go back to stock ignition, but otherwise it looks great.

This won't be the last time you hurt your back working on it.:D

I have been down and out since doing my undercarriage cleaning. The one thing on your side is that all that grease and oil means no rust. You got a great deal. I d like to see it in person some day - we are in sylva. Was this for sale in downtown asheville last week?

Nice truck and good price.

I'd get rid of the Mallory distributor and go back to stock ignition,

plus one on that.
the oem ignition is pretty hard to beat. the big cap dissy is very desirable.

I have been down and out since doing my undercarriage cleaning. The one thing on your side is that all that grease and oil means no rust. You got a great deal. I d like to see it in person some day - we are in sylva. Was this for sale in downtown asheville last week?

nope its been out here in kasas for a while and I have had it for a month or so. we usually try and go to rod runs over in pigeon forge but i dont know if we will have the 60 the next time we go.

here is a preview
334028666.jpg

well i just got thru with it. and its dark. 2.5" ome heavy lift. 33x10.50 bfg a/t and eagle alloys wheels. It actually rides really well. i figured it would ride rough but compaired to the stock worn out suspension this is a upgrade. I will get some better pictures tomorrow after i clean it up some.
334414540.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom