Just installed my Depos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Install was pretty straightforward. My wife bought me them for my birthday (thanks, honey!) . These are the pre-wired ones off eBay.

Two issues:
1. One of my bolt holes that retain the headlight to the core support somehow stripped. It came out clean, but kept popping back out. I drilled it, used a grade 8 and got it al situated.

2. The "tabs" that hold the grille in the center were not fitting. So I had to cut the "buckets" out of them, and kept the fastening location for the two screws:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mG8S2B72Egu6g1139

Out of the box, passenger side was pretty spot on. Adjusted the driver side down to match:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/E6bJxV3YtLvq9k6f9 (out of the box)

Interesting to note, the highs don't seem that much brighter, but they offer much more diffused light on the periphery.

Have not taken this out on the road to see if I get flashed.

Scott

If you’re remotely aimed decent, I doubt you get flashed.

I have 2 pairs of Vision X LED lights in my Tundra bumper, they have interchangeable covers & my euro beam pattern pair never get me flashed, even with the light being so much whiter than my incandescent headlights.

The pair with the clear/spot covers will get me flashed bigtime, aimed 100% the same height on wall - the fluting of the euro pattern is really that much better than our USA/DOT pattern.

I’ve had euro HL’s in most my recent cars, they are a big improvement.

Good to hear the Depos are back for all the guys who are looking!!!!!
(still need to install mine, bought forever ago w/ HID projectors installed)

No pics ? ? I got mine installed this year after having them since 2016. DS wasn’t sealed very well though and I pulled the glass in July to re-distribute the butyl(but I suck at that). Used alcohol to dry up the inside of the housing while it was still installed and ended up ruining the finish on the reflector . . .so keep an eye on them if it rains/snows to make sure they’re sealed well.

Anyway, I’ve been considering sending the Depos off for a projector retrofit and re-seal by someone here.

Can someone educate me on Depos? I can understand their appeal if they have a projector retrofit, but what is the appeal / benefit over OEM?

No pics ? ? I got mine installed this year after having them since 2016. DS wasn’t sealed very well though and I pulled the glass in July to re-distribute the butyl(but I suck at that). Used alcohol to dry up the inside of the housing while it was still installed and ended up ruining the finish on the reflector . . .so keep an eye on them if it rains/snows to make sure they’re sealed well.

Anyway, I’ve been considering sending the Depos off for a projector retrofit and re-seal by someone here.

I posted pics.

Install was pretty straightforward. My wife bought me them for my birthday (thanks, honey!) . These are the pre-wired ones off eBay.

Two issues:
1. One of my bolt holes that retain the headlight to the core support somehow stripped. It came out clean, but kept popping back out. I drilled it, used a grade 8 and got it al situated.

2. The "tabs" that hold the grille in the center were not fitting. So I had to cut the "buckets" out of them, and kept the fastening location for the two screws:

New photo by Scott McNamara

Out of the box, passenger side was pretty spot on. Adjusted the driver side down to match:
New photo by Scott McNamara (out of the box)

Interesting to note, the highs don't seem that much brighter, but they offer much more diffused light on the periphery.

Scott
Did you just adjust using two Phillips bolts on top? Any other adjustments on the back?

Did you just adjust using two Phillips bolts on top? Any other adjustments on the back?

there's two adjusting screws per high/low beam. one that moves the light left/right and the other up/down

Scott

It's wierd that you had fitment issues.... mine just bolted right in.

For adjustment, use the adjustement screws, like other mentioned above. You can see them by looking down on the housing. It is really quick and easy to get them dialed in perfectly.

Also, I noticed the same thing as you. My low beams you way brighter than stock but high beams were a little underwhelming. I'll take that trade any day though.

Can someone educate me on Depos? I can understand their appeal if they have a projector retrofit, but what is the appeal / benefit over OEM?

Low beams are better focused and much brighter than stock, even with simple halogen bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom