Just got my Rampt custom parts today. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fzj80 front swaybar disconnect brackets. Front lower shock gussets an rear long arm brackets. All going on my 97 Fzj80.

20221209_143641.png

Benji and his crew do some good stuff! They're local to my area. Most of what they do is overkill for the sort of use my 80 gets.

How quickly did Rampt Customs get these parts to you?

How did you order this stuff? Did you have to email for a custom invoice? Their site doesn’t allow ordering from a non Australian address.

How did you order this stuff? Did you have to email for a custom invoice? Their site doesn’t allow ordering from a non Australian address.
Just messaged them on there Facebook page. They sent me a PayPal invoice with U.S. pricing and shipping.

I’m curious to see what this does to the rear geometry. It’s pretty normal for jeep long arms to extend just the lower links but I’ve never seen anybody plot it

Same

Long Arm conversions are common in Nissan Patrol, but their bottom links are way shorter to start with.

Digging the long arm kit. Have thought about this a long time.
Personally would look at mounting the rear arm to the inside of the frame rail so no brackets hanging down, and a little protection for the links.

Last edited:
I’m curious to see what this does to the rear geometry. It’s pretty normal for jeep long arms to extend just the lower links but I’ve never seen anybody plot it
I had the same concern after visiting Rampt’s site. They make some good looking products. I could see using just the frame brackets from the long arm kit to replace my collapsing brackets right there in the stock location.

Fzj80 front swaybar disconnect brackets. Front lower shock gussets an rear long arm brackets. All going on my 97 Fzj80.

View attachment 3190316
When you put it on, please plot the geometry with the link calculator from irate4x4. I’m very curious to see what it spits out

Nice! Does this the rear move back at all?
I was thinking if moving the rear back was possible if you would have less issues with clearance on the front of the wheel well.

Nice! Does this the rear move back at all?
I was thinking if moving the rear back was possible if you would have less issues with clearance on the front of the wheel well.
That is part of my plan with the adjustable upper an lower arms.

Excited to see what ya think. Their stuff looks good! I want too much of it! Lol trying to stay focused on motor things right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom