Jump seat screws... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of rebuilding my jump seats and was wondering if there is a source for these very unique factory screws that run the perimeter of the jump seat frame.

I don't really want to with standard Phillips head screws, prefer to stay factory. Is there still source for these?

PXL_20210521_000739716.jpg

Those screws are all wrong. Here are the right ones.

@Oregon80fj40

It appears the self tapping screw and finishing washer used on older seats were replaced by the screw you have pictured.

Unfortunately, your screw could be part no. 90167-40011, but is NLA in the USA, and on AMAYAMA.

1621559761120.png

Those screws are all wrong. Here are the right ones.

My 77 has the Philips head screws as shown on sor. The later model seats use the screws as shown in the original post.

Clean them up and paint them.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my jump seats and was wondering if there is a source for these very unique factory screws that run the perimeter of the jump seat frame.

I don't really want to with standard Phillips head screws, prefer to stay factory. Is there still source for these?

View attachment 2679619
Hi, did you find a source for these? you could always have them re-plated but expensive if not part of a batch job with other parts. cheers

Hi, did you find a source for these? you could always have them re-plated but expensive if not part of a batch job with other parts. cheers
Thread revival! My biggest cruiser pet peeve is incorrect hardware!!!!! In the case that Toyota has discontinued, buying JIS or quality metric (not hardware store kind) hardware is the next best thing. Got mine from Bell Metric, both the screw and upholstery washers. Get as close as you can to OEM size, fit, and finish.

20220601_134337.jpg

20220601_134403.jpg

20220603_192435.jpg

Last edited:
I never did find a source for the later model factory style torx head screws.

I ended up wire wheeling the original ones. I used a course wheel to strip off the rust and crud, then used a finer wheel to get a nice finish. They turned out great looking.

The factory originals on my 81 are the same style. I haven't cleaned these up yet though.

PXL_20221130_234715938.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom