JT's '88 4 Runner Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Progress? Check the years between updates!

By definition, it's still progress!

prog·ress
noun
noun: progress
ˈpräɡres/
forward or onward movement toward a destination.
"the darkness did not stop my progress"

Progress? Check the years between updates!

:) Pool, patio, and kitchen remodel in between updates also slowed things down. FJ40 swap is nearly done too, just too chicken s*** to turn the key and make sure I wired it correctly.

Lets make a party out of it, I'll record for good online shenanigans video, also he has a patio and pool now!!!

I like the way you think Avi :)

Also added this to the herd recently.
IMG_1205.JPG

Nice!

When are you going to get a lift and some proper wheels and tires? ;-P

No mods for this one as it's the daily driver and I drive way too much to get worse gas mileage than it already has. Already have 5k on it in less than 2 months :(

JT- try to keep the rubber side down on this one......................

Definitely. Only time this will be off the pavement is the parking lot at Rausch Creek towing the other 4Runner :)

"Final" piece for the rear 3 link came in today. Combination upper link mount and panhard bracket.
IMG_1536.JPG

New Cromoly 30 spline inner axle shaft with long splines to run my recently acquired FZJ80 9.5 Elocker differential in my front axle. Also picked up some longer diff studs from Rahal to install it. Will install and finalize the front axle when it isn’t so cold out.
EE445BE5-5B8E-4EE1-9162-1AE27C71F054.jpeg

Is your truck just on jack stands now waiting for the 3 link JT?
If by on jack stands you mean sitting on tires holding the shop floor down, yes!!

I have it in the main shop ready to start cutting, just not fun out there with how cold it has been as of late. Need to fire up the heaters and get it warmed up.

It'll wait till the weather warms up a bit. Working in cold weather ain't conducive to doing your best work!

I'd be more inclined to fire up the 40! Bet it's still sitting in the same spot in your garage as when I last saw it....

Yep, the FJ is still sitting where you last saw it. Laying on my back welding the exhaust on under it hasn’t been on my high priority list as of late, although we are supposed to warm up at the end of next week. Might get out there and get some things done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom