JT's '88 4 Runner Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I figured I would start a new thread for this. I picked up an 88 4 Runner with a blown 22re, it came with a 22r with 80k on it, so I am going to swap all of the accessories and EFI over to the 22r and put that in. I have, presumably, all the parts we need, but need some extra hands and know-how. I am currently cleaning up some of the parts since they have a good bit of oil and grime on them from the PO.

So if you would like to give me a hand at my place outside of Marysville on December 8, 2007, that would be awesome. I will provide pizza and beverages. Even if you just want to stop by and check it out.

Thanks

Last edited:
JT, care full what you ask for you may end up with a house full of free loaders looking for pizza and beer like me. :)

Good luck, sounds like a good time.

From experience put the food and bevs "under the engine" that will ensure it will get installed early.:)

bob

do you have a garage to work in?;p...it might be kinda cold to work outside:crybaby::flipoff2:

Yep got a 20x20 insulated garage, I can even fire up the kerosene heater if you like :D

I need to clear it with Em but it sounds good.... I do think JT has it indoors as he kicked out his dad's 40 project ; )

JT, babysitter?

I think Dana will be watching Addy, if your wife wants to come down, she is more than welcome and can hang out with Dana

Also does anyone have a clutch alignment tool for the 22re and a topshift t-case oil slinger??

Last edited:
JT, care full what you ask for you may end up with a house full of free loaders looking for pizza and beer like me. :)

Good luck, sounds like a good time.

From experience put the food and bevs "under the engine" that will ensure it will get installed early.:)

bob

You just gotta time the delivery of the food so that work still gets done :) Even if someone just wants to see how things work, that is cool with me, it can be a tech weekend for the club.

Excellent

Ok, so far it look as though Jeff and John are planning on coming down, I also have another buddy from the Burwick area who is a Toyota Tech coming. Jeff and John, closer to the day, I will pm you directions to my place and anyone else that would like to come by. I have most of the parts swapped over to the 22r motor, have a few line that I have no real clue what they connect to yet, but hopfully will get that figured out or we can on the 8th.

One worrysome thing that happened when I was working on the 22r is when i pull the oil plug, some anti-freeze was in with the oil, I am really hoping that the original timing chain rubbed through and caused that, which has been replaced or when the PO was doing the timing chain and water pump it happened. I guess we'll see on the 8th or I'll be looking for another 22re for cheap.

I'm planning on being there with the FSM in hand. When I did my timing chain I lost about a pint or so into the pan.

I'm planning on being there with the FSM in hand. When I did my timing chain I lost about a pint or so into the pan.

Awesome, glad you can make it as well. Good to know about loosing some doing the timing chain, makes me feel a lot better. Plus the coolant was bright green and not mixed in with the oil and the oil was a little dark, but no water mixed in.

Would you recommend regular green coolant or Toyota red, I use the red in my Tacoma??

The red is extended life? Otherwise just go green. using distilled water to keep corrosion to a min. is more important, in my opinion.

Sounds good, still have to pick some up along with some other stuff.

Looks like I may have the 8th off. I'd like to stop by and lend a hand if you need it. It may give me some ideas for a new project. Can you PM an address? Need any tools?

-Bill

Looks like I may have the 8th off. I'd like to stop by and lend a hand if you need it. It may give me some ideas for a new project. Can you PM an address? Need any tools?

-Bill

Great that you can make it, I'll shoot everone my address and some directions. As for tools, I have most of the hand tools that I think we would need, maybe bring your CO2 tank to run some air tools, not sure how much CO2 I have left in my 20# tank, if we need it.

Too bad I don't have my dual case adapter yet, with the number of people that know what they are doing, we could have the engine swapped and duals installed by lunch :D

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom