jsosh26.....76LandCruiser...SHUSH...... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellas,
Just imported a new to me, 76 FJ40 from Oklahoma. I have talked to Jeff via email a few times over the past 6 months about joining, but can OFFICIALLY now.
Looking forward to my first burger with yall.

Questions: What are the best repair manuals for my 76? I have zero, zilch, nada right now.:bang:

I am having fuel problems as well. PO bought a new carb and fuel pump and I want to drop them in ASAP as she is dying at random times, acting like she can't get any food to the pistons.:eek:....he diagnosed, and I agree, it's the fuel pump....if that don't get her right i want to put the new carb on.

Only issue is that I was a 4runner guy up until 2 weeks ago and stuck to suspension moods only.

Any advice, pictures, stories on fuel pump swaps for 40s would be GREAT!!! look forward to meeting the club and officially writing the check for a Cotton decal:bounce:

Cheers, John:cheers:

Her she is

IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1821.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Another 40!!! 4" lift? See Chris for 35's or I will make you a heck of a deal on a set of slightly used Good Year MTR 35's.

If you are gonna wheel it then off with the "cow catcher" or the trail will remove it for you. CCOT sells a great bumper that will bolt right on.

A factory service manual is best but the Haynes Manual is ok.

How about the first meeting up in Hot Springs, AR at the Crawl? Register and come on up!

Welcome to the madness!

tires and stuff

Thanks Jeff...yeah I definitely want to do a different bumper. it's freakin heavy im sure! The truck had 35s on it when the guy before me bought it but he downgraded.

Yes it's a Skyjacker 4 inch, saginaw powering steering, new tires and rims, new seat covers front and back, new stereo with ipod hook up and new 4 inch speakers in the dash, soft doors, soft top, and you saw the pics of the amublance doors, top.

I will google the factory manual unless you know an easy link for them. I guess I should go check CCOT for a manual and that front bumper....the current ones gotta go!!! im a purist and like the stock/slightly lifted look myself.

I have the original tub and inline 6 and plan to keep both, however I have to edumacate myself on sheet metal and bondo work first!!!

I have work during the Arkansas gig plus a 4 month old that is hard to get away from!

how many 40s in the club?

Congratulations on your 40.
Get ready for alot of FUN and alot of $$$$.
Its worth it. (Just keep telling yourself that!):grinpimp:

Holla when you ready for some 35x1250-15 tires.

Chris @ 49 Tire 601.932.6636

Nice, thanks Chris...I have ALOT of stuff to do before tires......fuel issues, paint, winch, front bumper, etc. but I am definitely excited.....im 30 and have wanted one of these since I was 11!!!

Another 76. At least yours runs. Mine is in pieces in the garage. Stripped tub to bare metal and almost ready for paint.

New 40 to the Club

Fellas, I realize I haven't meet most of yall yet, but I have a buddy who just bought a 78' 40 up in Madison. I actually just drove it back to Rankin....he has been eye balling mine and made the switch from wanting an MG to an FJ.

It is almost bone stock, has the original books, tools, and (unfortunately..paint job...khaki). It needs tires, Chris ill point him your way, a new center console (crazy wood thingy) and it should be drivable. oh yeah...no parking brake.

I assume yall will be excited to get another member and $15 but both our 40s need alot of love to be trail ready. :rolleyes:

Ill get pics tomorrow and post up. edit......
http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/2042476094.html

look for a new member lurking soon...names Andy.

John:cheers:

Last edited:
Fellas, I realize I haven't meet most of yall yet, but I have a buddy who just bought a 78' 40 up in Madison. I actually just drove it back to Rankin....he has been eye balling mine and made the switch from wanting an MG to an FJ.

It is almost bone stock, has the original books, tools, and (unfortunately..paint job...khaki). It needs tires, Chris ill point him your way, a new center console (crazy wood thingy) and it should be drivable. oh yeah...no parking brake.

I assume yall will be excited to get another member and $15 but both our 40s need alot of love to be trail ready. :rolleyes:

Ill get pics tomorrow and post up.

look for a new member lurking soon...names Andy.

John:cheers:

Thanks!

Once Andy is online he can tell the story.....bought it from a Navy vet.....cruiser has lived in 4 countries!

Cool.....the 40's are gaining!.......but I'm sure dnp will come back strong!

DNP? well I am bringing my buddy that just bought his AND another buddy to lenny's to finally meet CLC....maybe we can convicne Eric to buy one also.......;)

Cool.....the 40's are gaining!.......but I'm sure dnp will come back strong!

Cool! I'm not biased or anything but best color and year! Think I've seen it but will have to see in person. Can't wait to get to work spendin' yalls money! Oh, tell him to flip the bezel before we see it in person.

Probably did...it lived right off of the Hoy/rice Rd intersection.

Cool! I'm not biased or anything but best color and year! Think I've seen it but will have to see in person. Can't wait to get to work spendin' yalls money! Oh, tell him to flip the bezel before we see it in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom