Johnvee's 80 thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Friend of mine had a big dent like that on rear of pickup (British Columbia), put a large sticker like this covering the dent. Thats what you need, dont fix it.

1573488788051.png

Regarding the TJM winch: A couple of issues.

1. The On/Off isolator switch allows 3.6 volts to pass when in the OFF position. This is enough to power the little blue LED on the control pack that indicates the winch is receiving 12v power. Not very good on a truck that sits for weeks at a time. The problem is in the switch itself, not a connection. I will replace it with a simple 175 Anderson connector.

2. The contactor stopped working immediately after originally tensioning the line on day one back in October. No in. No out. Free spool only. I bought an Albright DC88P-1000 for the replacement. It is too large for the housing so I'll mount it under the hood somewhere.

I tried to respool mine the other day, and ran the line out, and click, nothing. coiled the line around the bumper and parked in the driveway. i leave the winch disconnected from my aux batt. got 12v on the input side, and nothing on the output side, regardless of remote switch position. i was going to charge the battery tomorrow to see if that may help.

where did you get the contractor from? I may go the same route

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom