JDM HJ61 'Turbo' Seats -- Wiring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, long story short, I got a sweet deal on a pair of front seats that I'm 99% sure are from a JDM HJ61, which say 'TURBO' on the upholstery. All the bits on the underside are stamped TEQ like my original seats and have exactly the same bolt pattern for the sliders.

The right-hand seat has regular mechanical sliders/back-tilt as well as mechanical bottom-tilt and side bolster tension, and electrically adjustable lumbar support. The left-hand seat just has the back tilt and front/back sliding. The RH seat has three wires, two of which I haven't tried feeding 12V to, and the LH just has two wires and doesn't look like it has the lumbar support hardware or motor inside the back.

What I'm wondering is what the wiring *does*. I'm guessing one circuit for each seat is for heaters, or are there two sets of coils for high/low? I don't really want to dig into the seats if somebody knows what they're for. I can put pictures up later if there are too many possible factory 60-series seats I'm describing.

Can't help you with the wiring, but if you suspect they're from a JDM or EU HJ61, I'd start by checking the motors to see if they're 12V or 24V.

Did you ever figure out what the wires were for? I just came upon a pair, and I'd like to swap the special features to the driver side too.

I have a pair of turbo seats installed in my truck, the wires should be for the electric lumbar support. You can remove the panel on the rear of the seats (two screws and a couple clips) and check the motor in the seat to see if they're 12v or 24v. I have yet to see any JDM turbo seats with 12v motors for the lumbar support...if anyone finds any, let me know! But as far as I know you can still wire the 24v motors to a 12v truck, the motors just move much slower...not a deal breaker for me.

Did you swap the seat bottom tilt and bolster adjuster to the US driver side?

No, I kept it on the passenger side. Didn't want or need that adjustment on the US driver's side anyway, in my mind it went the wrong direction...would have rather had the seat bottom adjust further up instead of further down!

I have yet to see any JDM turbo seats with 12v motors for the lumbar support...if anyone finds any, let me know!

As in for sale or just to know they exist?

I just picked up a 89 HJ61RG with the 12HT motor, im pretty certain it has those seats (ill get a picture tonights). It has turbo stitching in the seat and has electric lumbar support and is 12v...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom