James Asti's two FJ25s for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope, no one cares to elaborate here in this loosely run and very tolerant FJ25 classified forum. ;)

Dodged one bullet in this thread already, won't let it go there, please discuss amongst yourselves. :D

Quote: Cruiser_Nerd
Nope, no one cares to elaborate here in this loosely run and very tolerant FJ25 classified forum.

Dodged one bullet in this thread already, won't let it go there, please discuss amongst yourselves.

I just love it when our leader puts his foot down. Great job Jim.

John

Last edited:
foxfab said:
If someone is going to cast dispursions, have facts to back it up or don't bring it up at all.
Happy T Day all!!
Another good point.

Geez, I'm stuffed. I ate too much . . . .:whoops:

That's why the original posts are still there. If you want to know why they feel that way give 'em a PM. First hand knowledge is always a lot better anyhow. ;) :cheers:

well, that was my point. If someone is going to cast dispursions, have facts to back it up or don't bring it up at all.
Happy T Day all!!

I am not casting disprusions as you put it. I am simply saying that due to prior personal experience I would never deal with this individual. You may very well not care about my opinion, but I do have the facts and just wanted to warn people so that they do not end up wasting $ like I did.

Looks like the 25 I sold to Asti in '97 before I moved to FL. It's a '60 titled as a '62. It came in to CA originally and made it's way to the PA Pocono Mountains where I saw it for sale in '94.

Other than the front bumper and pto missing it looks as it did when I sold it, though it didn't have the spare or the wheel covers. The tires look the same but I don't remember what they were. It had 38,000 or so on the OD. It's original color is metallic green under the black paint.

I sold it as I got it with the original 6 volt system clipped at every connection for what looked like a future 12 volt upgrade. Engine looked in great shape with a 4 speed transmission. Battery under the driver's seat.

I didn't make any money selling the truck to him and he's only making the pto his obvious profit on the sale price of that truck.

Sad to find this web site and see my old truck and not be able to swing getting it back for proper resto... Kevin

Guess I'll be saving my money up

Where was this web page ten years ago when I first needed it?

fj25kev said:
Looks like the 25 I sold to Asti in '97 before I moved to FL. It's a '60 titled as a '62. It came in to CA originally and made it's way to the PA Pocono Mountains where I saw it for sale in '94.

Other than the front bumper and pto missing it looks as it did when I sold it, though it didn't have the spare or the wheel covers. The tires look the same but I don't remember what they were. It had 38,000 or so on the OD. It's original color is metallic green under the black paint.

I sold it as I got it with the original 6 volt system clipped at every connection for what looked like a future 12 volt upgrade. Engine looked in great shape with a 4 speed transmission. Battery under the driver's seat.

I didn't make any money selling the truck to him and he's only making the pto his obvious profit on the sale price of that truck.

Sad to find this web site and see my old truck and not be able to swing getting it back for proper resto... Kevin
I have been around these cruisers for a long time, 6 volt, make sense to me as the military trucks I have had were all 6 volt, but I really did not know if TOYOTA did it. Anyone got one? Thanks, John Pardi

I thought all of the early Land Cruisers (even the early 1950's BJs) were 12 volt systems, including all of the non-USA "imports." :confused:

Matter of fact, I thought that was one of the many reasons why the US never adopted the early BJ as a potential military truck because of the incompatibility with the existing 6 volt systems we had at the time.

Mine Was 6 volt, but PO Converted into 12 volt. so I can not use all the military black out lights came with it. and thats why PO gave me the full box of military accessories and lights with the rig, which he might took it out during the conversion. :frown:

I've got the transition date in the service bulletins I think, but yep, the early (<58?) 25's were six volt. Archie, when you get a chance post up some pictures of those lights in the forum. I'm halfheartedly trying to get more info on this, but in short......Yes, the FJ25 was purchased and used by the US military. ;)

It's fairly common for old VW owners to convert to 12 volt systems and use voltage reducers in order to continue using stock 6v gauges and such. That's something to think about, since your military lights would be pretty cool on your cruiser instead of in a box :D

Cruiser_Nerd said:
yep, the early (<58?) 25's were six volt. Yes, the FJ25 was purchased and used by the US military. ;)
Ummm . . . . didn't know that. Would that be all <'58s inlcuding some of the 58 models?? So I guess that would probably make the old BJs 6 volt as well. :doh:

Any idea in what capacity the US military used FJ25s? :confused:

fubar fj said:
It's fairly common for old VW owners to convert to 12 volt systems and use voltage reducers in order to continue using stock 6v gauges and such. That's something to think about, since your military lights would be pretty cool on your cruiser instead of in a box :D
Good idea, fubar. Or just swap out the bulbs. In either case, let's see a pic of those lights, Archie. :)

Thanks James!

When I "needed" to move to the Florida Keys in 1997 I put my project 25 up for sale because I couldn't bear the thought of it rotting out in the salt air. I could not get any serious offers on it because it didn't run. Mr. Asti got in touch with me through a local guy, didn't bicker with me or haggle at all. Sent me a certified check, flatbedded the truck away.

Thanks for putting the money out to save a classic and to help me get on with my life. I had a great time there for a few years, fell in love and got married. Worked out great for me.

Appreciative Cruiser,

Kevin Torpey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom