J-Hook production run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Y'all

I'm exploring the idea of having a run of J-Hooks made out of stainless steel. If anyone is interested in possible inclusion, please ping me off line at seriesLR(at)gmail(d0t)com with your wish list numbers.

Current pricing quote is $24 each if I order a run of 20. I'm sure prices will drop if I increase quantities.

Thanks,

Jim

jhook.jpg

Keeping with the sharp edges of your solid model or going to radius them a bit to match the originals? I need a couple for my project and assuming they were a close match with the OE I'd be interested in a few. Thanks for looking into this!

Interesting shot of the green one above. The sample I'm working from (off a '67 LPB) is distinctly different.
DSC07503.jpg

All that being said, I advised the fabrication shop that I will not be moving forward with the production run as numbers are just too low.

The above photo shows a nicely recreated hook that is made from bent metal, likely steel; the original hooks were a cast, non-magnetic metal, which often are found broken--snapped off by using the hooks to torque-down an ill-fitting upper cab in a heavy-handed manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom