Builds I've waited 20yrs for this 40th build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
17x8.5 -12mm center bore 106.mm.
Man, that’s the size I got waiting in my cart. Thanks for fitment confirmation! I’m looking at the RR-6H. :cheers:

Man, that’s the size I got waiting in my cart. Thanks for fitment confirmation! I’m looking at the RR-6H. :cheers:

I am really happy with the fit.

Vey nice job! I have been pondering the mount location of my D 700 control. I really like where you installed yours. I like the way you have thought out and installed all your upgrades. I love my 4x4 labs dual swing outs. I put mine on in 2008 and had the jerry cans installed on the DS to make refueling easy. Any other plans for additional lights on the shortbus?

A priority of mine, beyond the obvious baselining and getting the cooling system rock solid was additional 12v power both at the rear of the truck and up front. I installed dual batteries, with the BlueSea 7610, along with multiple BlueSea fuse blocks to separate the accessories between both the starting battery and the house battery. Puma air went in the back once I had the fuse block installed inside the rear quarter panel trim panel. On a side note, the Puma comes out just like the 3rd row seats. I salvaged some seat brackets and welded up a plate to use with the Puma. Its really nice to easily remove it when I need the third row back in, or when I need to get into the wiring or quarter panel. When it sits in the garage, it plugs into a NOCO G3500 to keep both batteries in top condition. Multiple 12v outlets and USB charging outlets were added inside too.

View attachment 1544716

View attachment 1544717

View attachment 1544719

View attachment 1544720

View attachment 1544721

Is that winch senenoid bracket custom or off the shelf?

Is that winch senenoid bracket custom or off the shelf?

It's a custom bracket. Essentially an upside down T with the 90 for mounting to the core support.

And....geez I need to get back on this thread and do some updates. It's been awhile.

How's
Also finally replaced the stereo with a Sony XAV-AX1000. It had good reviews, offered CarPlay, sub out, and was camera ready. Any double din unit without a volume knob was a no-go for me too. I really like the volume knob on this unit along with how simple it's aesthetic is. I put a cheapo Amazon back up camera in the license plate light housing, a sub amp in the stock woofer location and a 10" slim sub in a small box behind the third row. Very pleased to have a modern stereo.

View attachment 2017252View attachment 2017254View attachment 2017255
How's the Sony been working for you? I definitely agree about having a volume knob, but I've heard the Sonys can be a little buggy and not very user-friendly.

Also finally replaced the stereo with a Sony XAV-AX1000. It had good reviews, offered CarPlay, sub out, and was camera ready. Any double din unit without a volume knob was a no-go for me too. I really like the volume knob on this unit along with how simple it's aesthetic is. I put a cheapo Amazon back up camera in the license plate light housing, a sub amp in the stock woofer location and a 10" slim sub in a small box behind the third row. Very pleased to have a modern stereo.

View attachment 2017252View attachment 2017254View attachment 2017255
Also, are you able to run GAIA GPS app through that head unit?

Also, are you able to run GAIA GPS app through that head unit?

The Sony and Gaia via CarPlay have both been rock solid. I would recommend it and do it again for sure. My only complaint is the glare sometimes on the Sony.

So do you make this insert/replacement for the clock and will it fit an LX450?
I was for some time, but stopped because it isn't as sturdy as I like. I have had it that way for a couple of years now, and it's fine, but probably not good enough for everyone. On smooth fire roads and slow wheeling it is fine, but It definitely shakes/wobbles on washboards, etc.

Killer build and super tasteful! Appears that you cut/removed the rear frame/crossmember for your 'high and tight' bumper - is that the case?

I began my rear bumper build this weekend. I have always wanted a rear bumper, but never liked the idea of spending north of a grand for virtually any thing out there, kit or otherwise, especially once you have added powder-coat or accessories.. I love the 4x4 labs rear, but has kind of become too much of a "me too" bumper so I set out to design my own. I am going to call it "high and tight". The idea is to have a strong main bar, real bumper ends, and have the ability to tow a light trailer. Of course, I want protection to the quarter and flare as well, so that is a given. Here is the start, more pics and progress to come over the next few weeks. Also, no plans for a swing out as the tire is inside for now. If I ever decide to add a spindle, it won't be to hard as I am building the main bar out far enough to take the spindle if needed.

View attachment 1673871 View attachment 1673872 View attachment 1673873 View attachment 1673874

Killer build and super tasteful! Appears that you cut/removed the rear frame/crossmember for your 'high and tight' bumper - is that the case?
Yep, sure did.

speaking of that bumper, ( I know you're probably getting tired of fielding bumper questions). a pic from underneath lookin up at the bumper would be awesome if you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom