It's on! No turning back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AB8A736C-0005-4800-86A7-42DD222080A6.jpeg
C704F726-4916-40C4-89E3-8F2CD0584783.jpeg
F45A81C9-9DF3-48EF-B111-9F9A5BAD5C11.jpeg
5E5152B1-692D-4507-AADB-55EA1CB4C0DE.jpeg
ACCEBB1B-549B-4256-B6B3-453C3B6AFDAA.jpeg

We are running stock 60 springs
Stock rear and front? I just picked up some Chevy 63's last weekend for the rear and move rear stock to the front. If your just stock springs SOA I may not put on the 63's for my 4BT swap. Anybody else running rear 63's with stock rears on the front?

I dunno about calling that a “Pro Tip” Dave! The only reason I was able to show you that it’s easy to do from underneath is that I have on at least one occasion reassembled my own gauge cluster into the dash without hooking up the speedo cable ;).

Experienced in screw ups? yes.. professional...? not a chance :rofl:.

Kleatus - I forgot to install the speedo cable before I reinstalled the dash.
I found this thread and have been trying to figure out how you can reach in from underneath the dash but I just can’t get my hand in there far enough to feel the speedo connector on the cable or the back of the speedo gauge
I can feel the cable but just can’t get in far enough to follow it up further to the connector and then to the back of the gauge.

I went through from the bottom, just to the right of the steering column.
My truck is a 62 w AC so I wonder if that makes a difference.

Anyway, I’d love to hear how you did it so I don’t have to take the dash out again.

Thanks.

Kleatus - I forgot to install the speedo cable before I reinstalled the dash.
I found this thread and have been trying to figure out how you can reach in from underneath the dash but I just can’t get my hand in there far enough to feel the speedo connector on the cable or the back of the speedo gauge
I can feel the cable but just can’t get in far enough to follow it up further to the connector and then to the back of the gauge.

I went through from the bottom, just to the right of the steering column.
My truck is a 62 w AC so I wonder if that makes a difference.

Anyway, I’d love to hear how you did it so I don’t have to take the dash out again.

Thanks.
If you crouch down facing out with the door open and lay your shoulders flat on the drivers floor and reach your right arm up above the gas pedal following the cable you can get to it. At least that's how I've done it. Mine is a 62 with AC as well.

Looks great guys. The 4x4labs bumpers are awesome.

Is the awning hard to setup up on a taller truck like yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom