Is this chapter still going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea I would be up for a meet up sometime.
JP
So the all-white 40 series pictured above isn't yours? If so that means we've got to track him down. @Tachycardic did you meet the owner after work?

No I`m on the other end of the valley in boulder
JP

No, unfortunately not. He was gone by the time I left. I will try to link up with him next week.

Vegas,

I was VP of SNLC back in 2000 and was an active member from 1995-2005 before work got in the way of fun. My last correspondence with Steve Sysdek was in July 2018 when he had to cancel the meeting for that month. His email is not the one you have, it is the same address except it is gmail instead of aol. You should contact Steve first since he was still emailing SNLC news and run info to 59 people late in 2018 (I can send you that last SNLC email list).

Count me in for the reboot!

I still have my Toyotas (85 SR5 xtracab 4x4 and 88 Hilux 4x4 BFG Chase Vehicle)

Best Regards to all!

Jeff

SNLC.png

JWA 88 Toyota 1.JPG

JWA 88 Toyota 2.jpg

JWA 88 Toyota 3.jpg

Boom! And now we have four.

Update!

Current roll call of people that want this to happen:
I just got an email from the old president of SNLC. I'm meeting up with him to get all of the old records and materials. I've got all of the email addresses for people that were on the the old SNLC mailing list. I will email them all later today to see if any more people would be interested. Rob Tygart, the western region rep for TLCA has emailed me and will help me get the paperwork done to re-charter the club, we just need two more people to make the six we need to meet the TLCA's threshold for a chapter.

Update!

Current roll call of people that want this to happen:
I just got an email from the old president of SNLC. I'm meeting up with him to get all of the old records and materials. I've got all of the email addresses for people that were on the the old SNLC mailing list. I will email them all later today to see if any more people would be interested. Rob Tygart, the western region rep for TLCA has emailed me and will help me get the paperwork done to re-charter the club, we just need two more people to make the six we need to meet the TLCA's threshold for a chapter.

Great update! You have my vote for President!

I recreated the SNLC logo as a vector file from the logo posted above. This will allow us to have stickers made that look crisp. I just ordered some LED door projector lights for my LX and I'm going to try to change the logo to be the SNLC logo :smokin:

Attachments

• snlc_logo.pdf
    196.4 KB · Views: 109
Sounds great Vegas! I take it that Rob doesnt want to be the president anymore? Does he still want to join?

I in for meeting up. I am not a tlca member. I’ll have to look into how to become one.
Just go online and sign up $25.00 a year for online membership.
JP

Love to get together when this covid madness is over. Looks like we have some 40s, 80s, and a hundy. Anyone have, or know anyone that has a 60 or 200? Would be a cool little meet to have a vehicle or 2 from each generation!

Love to get together when this covid madness is over. Looks like we have some 40s, 80s, and a hundy. Anyone have, or know anyone that has a 60 or 200? Would be a cool little meet to have a vehicle or 2 from each generation!

That's a good idea. I just sent an email out to every email address associated with the past SNLC club that I could find. I'm just asking for emails back from TLCA members that are interested in getting the chapter going again.

I'm not waiting for this virus situation to get better. I've been out wheeling most weekends this year. I'm pretty sure that wheeling can be done without getting too close to each other. I bet we could even pull of a campfire at the end of the day too. I was about to take a look at some trail maps to find a trail I haven't done already for a trail run this Saturday. I was thinking either somewhere in the wildlife refuge or up where there Glitter Gulch Gambol is held. It wouldn't be a sanctioned event or anything. I'll show up at a specific time and if other people happen to be there too, I can't stop you from coming along.

I just sent an email out to every email address associated with the past SNLC club that I could find. I'm just asking for emails back from TLCA members that are interested in getting the chapter going again.

Well, message received, but I live in Texas these days. I think I joined SNLC back in 2004-2005-ish?
I got the 40 and 62 out of dad's yard Summer of 2018. Not much family left in Vegas, so I don't visit much.

I'd be down for stickers though.

Well, message received, but I live in Texas these days. I think I joined SNLC back in 2004-2005-ish?
I got the 40 and 62 out of dad's yard Summer of 2018. Not much family left in Vegas, so I don't visit much.

I'd be down for stickers though.

Noted. I'll PM you when we've got stickers.

Yes thanks!

Also, I saw this 40 this morning at work. Hope to catch the owner and talk to him. Maybe it is @mrboatman, or is it yours Vegas? :D

View attachment 2229768The white 79 FJ40 with the bumper is mine and I work at hospital @ Nellis in facilities. The wife has been driving the cruiser since the lock down. I was one of the last five folks in the club. There was myself and my son (red 4Runner with a high lift jack on the roof) also at the hospital. The president moved to Utah and the other regular member had medical issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom