Is it worth buying 2013 Lx570 instead of 2009 - 2011 model year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plan to upgrade to either lc 200 or lx 570. The price difference between 2013 and 2011(or 2010) model is significant. However, I dont see much difference in these two year except for minor exterior changes. I do like the tail lamp of 2011 over 2013 model year.
I am wondering if it worth purchsing 2013 year or 2014 lx 570. What significant changes especialy from safety or technology perspective are there in the 2013 which are not in 2011 or earlier models?

Biggest pickup with the 2013 (IMHO) over the others (including my 2008) is the forward facing camera in 4-Lo... A nice feature, especially when wheeling alone (without a spotter).

I plan to upgrade to either lc 200 or lx 570. The price difference between 2013 and 2011(or 2010) model is significant. However, I dont see much difference in these two year except for minor exterior changes. I do like the tail lamp of 2011 over 2013 model year.
I am wondering if it worth purchsing 2013 year or 2014 lx 570. What significant changes especialy from safety or technology perspective are there in the 2013 which are not in 2011 or earlier models?

I was faced with a similar dilemma when I purchased my '11 a month ago. I almost pulled the trigger on a '13, but ultimately flew to TN to purchase my '11 simply because it had low mileage, was a southern rig, and in great condition. Personally, I like the looks of the '08-'11 years better than '13-15 years but that's obviously subjective. Now, if you ask me about the '16 and newer LC, well I think it's the best looking by far :) The few mechanical tweaks and interior/exterior changes are not "game changing" in my humble opinion, so if you can find a '10-'11 in great shape and priced significantly less, then I would not hesitate to pull the trigger. As @Markuson mentioned, the front facing camera would be nice during 4-lo wheeling, so that may be something for you to consider if you plan to off-road heavily.

Beyond the camera, etc., I would encourage you to ignore the year and look for low miles, superb maint. and minimal rust.
If over 80k miles, look for radiator, starter or water pump replacement/history.

I bought mine when it was just shy of 7 years old, but with only 48k miles on it. It was perfect, and I'm far happier having bought the low miles rather than a higher year number with higher miles (which it would have to be to match price). No regrets in my purchase of the 2008 whatsoever.
Happy to get behind the wheel...every single time. :)

2013+ have 2 more speeds on Crawl and turn assist along with some other minor interior tweaks... Nothing game changing but if the money's close worth grabbing! IMO

2013+ have 2 more speeds on Crawl and turn assist along with some other minor interior tweaks... Nothing game changing but if the money's close worth grabbing! IMO

Ah. Forgot about turn assist. That's a very cool feature.

I wish there was a way to program that in, since it's just braking one wheel... Seems like it could be programmed in through the same abilities for braking that crawl already has...

2011 also lets you mount ARB bumper, e.g., Slee, before the front grill continued it's ugliness trend from 2013 forward.

That said the tech feature improvements from 2013 on are pretty nice. 2014s you'll probably find Avoidance system a standard option.

We have the front grille camera on our 2009 LX570. It is quite handy.

Biggest pickup with the 2013 (IMHO) over the others (including my 2008) is the forward facing camera in 4-Lo... A nice feature, especially when wheeling alone (without a spotter).

If you're looking for an LX specifically, you'll find far fewer benefits to holding out for a 13+ because I believe the earlier ones already had a front camera, cooled seats, etc. The Land Cruiser however received many updates in 2013 that weren't available earlier like the cooled seats, front camera, radar cruise, HID headlights and more. When looking for an LX, I'd suggest the lowest mileage one you can afford and care less about the year.

Agreed with all the above.

The '10 and up does have the benefit of updated NAV and connectivity like bluetooth streaming. Though minor as you can add bluetooth readily with an aftermarket adapter and it will work seemlessly. NAV even though updated, is still trounced by any modern day smartphone.

Agreed that LX's will already have much of the benefits of newer rigs, whereas the LC got things slowly trickled down through the years.

If you're already considering the LX over the LC...great choice IMO. There's substantial content in the LX that you won't find on the LC. Auto rear upper hatch open/close, cameras, more sound deadening, higher quality cabin materials, motorized 3rd row stowing, AHC, Mark Levensin Reference Audio (which I absolutely enjoy), standard heated/cools seats, remote start (optional), quad zone A/C (not sure LC has this?), rear heated seats (not sure LC has this?) for some of the highlights.

Agreed with all the above.

The '10 and up does have the benefit of updated NAV and connectivity like bluetooth streaming. Though minor as you can add bluetooth readily with an aftermarket adapter and it will work seemlessly. NAV even though updated, is still trounced by any modern day smartphone.

Agreed that LX's will already have much of the benefits of newer rigs, whereas the LC got things slowly trickled down through the years.

If you're already considering the LX over the LC...great choice IMO. There's substantial content in the LX that you won't find on the LC. Auto rear upper hatch open/close, cameras, more sound deadening, higher quality cabin materials, motorized 3rd row stowing, AHC, Mark Levensin Reference Audio (which I absolutely enjoy), standard heated/cools seats, remote start (optional), quad zone A/C (not sure LC has this?), rear heated seats (not sure LC has this?) for some of the highlights.

All 200s LC and LX in the US received 4 zone HVAC and front/rear heated seats even starting back in 2008. The LX does offer a good value proposition for the other stuff though especially since they're easier to find and usually less expensive around here.

Did all years get the perforated leather?

Hate it with dogs.

Added for the '13+ on Land Cruisers (cooled seats), no idea on the LX. They're great for post-gym swampass. Getting garbage in the holes, not so much.

Ew. "Swampass" and "garbage in the hole" should never be uttered together... :confused::hillbilly:

All LX trucks are perforated from 08 up. I believe my 11 LC is the last year before the perforated seats, I have kids so the perforated was not a good idea for me.

I needed ventilated seats, bluetooth audio streaming, and xenon lights from factory and had to go for the LC due to work. So 2013+ are the only ones I considered. I always compromised on all of my cars up till now but I decided if I'm buying a 200 it has to be exactly the way I want it.

I'm glad I went with the LC because after putting KO2's on it @Markuson pushed me over the edge on the lift and that wouldn't have been possible with an LX.

^Great that you got exactly what you want. What's great about the LC and LX dichotomy is that we get a choice to which is better suited to our uses. While having a base that's fundamentally overbuilt and highly competent.

Fortunately the LX also allows for a static lift with nothing more than 10 minutes and a wrench. Known as the AHC sensor lift. 1.25" lift to all height modes. So normal ride height is 1.25" higher than stock. H mode lifts ~3" so it's 4.25" higher than normal ride height. And this is constant height capability irrelevant of load as AHC compensates for when the rig is loaded with gear.

Last edited:
I am in the market for 100 or 200 series. I’m glad I read about this.. thank you for sharing knowledge and experience! Looking at 2011 with 120K miles.. what do I need to look for?

-Expect to replace the accumulators…$600 and an easy driveway afternoon job.
-Starters and perhaps alternators sometimes get squirrely around 120k
-Radiators develop a little witness mark and then crack on top (easily prevented with a shellack of radiator patch)
-people often swap out 20’s for 17’s or 18’s with 33-34” tires

Nothing else comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom