Is it a bad idea to repaint a 2004 to a factory color for that year that I prefer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Raptor-liner is great for cars that NEED a paint-job.

If your paint is pristine, I would wrap it. That would preserve the original paint,while allowing you to enjoy your colour of choice, thereby both increasing resale price at some point in the future, and adding value to your experience of the car.

Consider wrapping it. The cost would range from 2k-4K depending on the installer. You’ll get the color you want and the original paint underneath will remain in great condition. If reselling it is in the back of your mind, I’d wager you’ll have few issues selling it as long as the original paint is intact (even Gold).
^^This

No way I would purchase a vehicle and then spend another 10K+ to change the color. Be patient and put that money toward a vehicle in a color you are happy with. Or...as others have suggested, have it wrapped.

I got a quote for a full wrap just under $4k. I'm already paying too much for the vehicle but I believe it to be one of the cleanest 2004s around and the mileage is pretty strong at 100k. Southern owned too. I'm crazy about condition so I'm almost ok over paying to have it perfect. Here are some colors I'm considering. Feel free to burn me. Also looking at 285 BFG vs 2.5 EMU and 35s. Wife says I will look like an idiot with the 35s. This is a toy though so whatever! Thoughts on 285 vs 35 and 2.5. Will it be a monster truck? This rig will unfortunately not get the full use like someone that lives in Colorado but will do what I can here in Texas.

35s will cause more problems than you're probably going to want to deal with. It seems you're pretty concerned with appearances, which is fine, but our trucks don't just take 35s as they are.

Consider doing some searching of the forum, read the myriad threads that already exist that will answer most of your questions (except the color, that's entirely subjective).

285s are perfect and require nothing at all. Just buy and install. Do that. Skip the 35's - not an easy upgrade. The 2.5" OME lift (Assuming that's what you're referring to) is fine, but drives harsh for my taste. Also note, a lift is not required for the 285s and adds only a marginal increase in clearance as your rear axle will remain exactly where it was and is already one of the lowest points.

Search around for more info on the mods. Plenty is covered on here.

I'm a big fan of a nice wrap in a crazy color. Someone on here did a beautiful pearl white. I think that's a solid way to go if the color is a big turn off, but the rest of the deal is perfect. A wrap with that Tacoma grey or a wild yellow/purple/blue/green would be neat.

Thanks fellas. This was a big help. I'm going to likely roll with the full wrap on 285s. Will post some pictures of progress. Picking up the vehicle Friday:clap:

You should wrap it the heritage blue color that was on the FJCruiser TTUE..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom