Ironman Classic bumper, XRC Gen3 Winch & Baja Designs LP6 Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

front pic of the bumper. Notice the parking sensors are installed. This bumper tucks in a lot more than the 2010-2013 version of the classic.

20200630_175438.jpg

Are the proximity sensors working properly?
Also, can you tease us with a few side pic's also?

It looks great, but let's see a few more angles. I am guessing that with the classic bumper you lose your head light washers?

It looks great, but let's see a few more angles. I am guessing that with the classic bumper you lose your head light washers?
I lost my headlight washers with my MetalTech front bumper. :(
On the bright side, I do have an extra button on my dash I can use for lights or??

No, I had an electrical crimp kit that comes with some bullet connectors. I connected the resistor to the signal light wires then crimp it on. It seems solid.

Are the proximity sensors working properly?
Also, can you tease us with a few side pic's also?
Sorry I missed this. The side sensors work great. The front sensors works fine most of the time. Sometimes, it acts up as if there is something really close proximity to it. This was isolated to the left center sensor. Before I got it to work at all, I had to drill and bevel the metal on front a little more. It would be too sensory to the metal surrounding it in front. Leveling it with the step bit helps a lot.

Sorry I missed this. The side sensors work great. The front sensors works fine most of the time. Sometimes, it acts up as if there is something really close proximity to it. This was isolated to the left center sensor. Before I got it to work at all, I had to drill and bevel the metal on front a little more. It would be too sensory to the metal surrounding it in front. Leveling it with the step bit helps a lot.
I will sometimes get the "BEEP-BEEP-BEEP" from the sensors in wet weather. If ti rains and I've been wheel'n, mud may slide down and cover the sensor, same for snow, I've had snow slide down and cover the sensor and when I slow down for a street light, stop sign, etc. it'll start going off like I'm about to bump something.
I just get out and wipe them all off with a paper napkin or something and they're fine.

I have water bead up in the passenger side center sensor from time to time but after a few minutes of driving and a few turns it slides out and is no longer an issue.

jeez......I'd like to drive the GX in the rain.......

dry as a popcorn fart out here........:frown:
Ha-ha-ha!!! You don't know what dry is until you've lived in So. Cal.!!!
Just like the song by Albert Hammond, "It Never Rains In Southern California" (1973)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom