Ironman Classic bumper, XRC Gen3 Winch & Baja Designs LP6 Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About to do some cutting tomorrow. Any suggestions is much appreciated. How is everyone reference the angle for the bumper? Do I just need to make sure the screw holes are level with each other when tightening?

I love the bumper install...looks good, nice job. I am also interested in how you like the LP-6s. Do they live up to what people say? Are they good for flooding the trail and also getting some distance down the road? I notice you showed a picture where only some of the bulbs are on...I am assuming a low beam setting?

Some pics of the bumper on. Planning to cut tomorrow.

20200618_174606.jpg

20200618_174431.jpg

20200618_174325.jpg

I love the bumper install...looks good, nice job. I am also interested in how you like the LP-6s. Do they live up to what people say? Are they good for flooding the trail and also getting some distance down the road? I notice you showed a picture where only some of the bulbs are on...I am assuming a low beam setting?

I bought the LP6 as a splurge at a local 'scratch & dent' sale and I do like them. Previously had some large Lightforce pencil beams (on a 100 series). As you are running the BD Squadron R, you have a sense for the light they can throw. Yes, the LP6 have a high and low setting (and can be wired for an amber daytime running light as well). I do have both the clear and amber covers - so good options to trade out if desired. BD more recently introduced the LP4 - another option.

I finally got my bumper installed with enough cuts in the spindle area. It looks like this version of the classic requires a lot more cuts to the spindle part of the grill. Also, I think I have the wrong set of the under covers since none of the screw holes lining up. Even the shape of the cover do not match the bumper.

20200622_120602.jpg

20200622_120554.jpg

20200622_120543.jpg

That's a bummer about the lower infill plates.

Holler at Bubba over there at Ironman, they should be able to get you squared away. That's unfortunate that you're having issues, but the bumper does look good on there.

Holler at Bubba over there at Ironman, they should be able to get you squared away. That's unfortunate that you're having issues, but the bumper does look good on there.
I am talking to John at Ironman and he is trying to get it sorted out. The underside piece definitely for a different bumper. I was looking at the pictures on Ironman for the classic 14+ bumper and my cradle looks different.

20200622_180242.jpg

20200622_180922.jpg

20200622_180300.jpg

It definitely looks like the proper bumper, I bet they packaged the wrong underside panels. The good thing is that you can finish your install without them and button everything else up and run it until they get the correct ones over to you. Some of the guys here aren't even running those panels by choice.

Tex68 - how many bolts did you use to mount the bumper to the craddle? Did you drill additional holes as in the instructions. I am using 3 per side at the moment and planning to drill the 2 additional holes but was wondering if it is necessary. thanks.

I believe that is the same.

Finally received the correct plates for the bumper. I was wondering for those with the Ironman bumpers, does the back of the middle plate attach to anything? Mine is not but it is very solid.

20200629_144939.jpg

20200629_153118.jpg

No it's loose unless you have an aftermarket skid plate. I have edge trim on mine to help provide even more tension between it and the factory skid plate. Glad to hear that they got you squared away in short order. Looking forward to seeing it all wrapped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom