IPad holder idea for this ?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
As I research, curious if anyone has an obvious idea of how to attach an ipad holder to this ex-Sirius radio holder contraption ?

It has a threaded cap on a swivel ball.

4513D074-A647-49D3-9D8B-B14EA0ECE9F7.jpeg

I would measure the ball to see if it is a conventional size (15mm, 17mm, etc) then browse Amazon for the mount of your preference with that size ball. Scosche magic mounts are 15mm (yours looks larger), I think RAM mounts are 17mm, and Amazon has both magnetic and clamp style in both sizes and likely many more. You hopefully can leave that mount in place and simply use the threaded portion to attach a magnetic plate or clamp base to the existing ball.

I just measured it closer to 12 mm.

Hmm not sure, is that all one solid piece or does the threaded mount come off?

Some other options.

Ram mount to the floor or @BenCC to replace what you have
1696016484529.png
1696016562833.png

Hmm not sure, is that all one solid piece or does the threaded mount come off?
The female threaded part does not seem to come off. It is loose but attached to the steel ball.

The female threaded part does not seem to come off. It is loose but attached to the steel ball.
Oh dang....In my experience any tablet mounted there, even with a RAM mount, will shake unless you are mostly on pavement. I can't imagine that setup will support a full size tablet but who knows, maybe your ride is a little smoother than mine.

The floor mounted RAM takes up the most space but is solid when bouncing around.

Oh dang....In my experience any tablet mounted there, even with a RAM mount, will shake unless you are mostly on pavement. I can't imagine that setup will support a full size tablet but who knows, maybe your ride is a little smoother than mine.

The floor mounted RAM takes up the most space but is solid when bouncing around.
do you have the model # for referenced floor mount?

thanks in advance.

do you have the model # for referenced floor mount?

thanks in advance.
I believe it's their universal floor mount . It doesn't fit as they intended because our style seat rails, but it has enough bolt patterns to make it work. When not in use I can take the long pole out , no tools required, and it fits nicely in the door pocket.

I'll take a pic of the mount and post here once I'm back in the cruiser

I believe it's their universal floor mount . It doesn't fit as they intended because our style seat rails, but it has enough bolt patterns to make it work. When not in use I can take the long pole out , no tools required, and it fits nicely in the door pocket.

I'll take a pic of the mount and post here once I'm back in the cruiser
any issues if passenger is tagging along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom