Introducing "The Green Bean" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SUMMIT CRUISERS

SILVER Star
Threads
After becoming an empty nester when @SUMMIT CRUISERS III departed for college with his triple locked 94, I had a hankering to fill his garage spot with another 80. With the search in progress and a potential candidate spotted in Boulder @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr happened to be in Colorado. Conveniently he was a shortish drive away from Boulder in the nearby town of Cortez with some friends on the last leg of their trip. After communicating with @davework, the seller, I dispatched my son to go check it out.

Needless to say everything worked out and they brought The Green Bean back to the flatlands of Oklahoma.

Props to Dave for his work on this cruiser and choosing to repaint it in FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Army Green. We had always wanted to paint @SUMMIT CRUISERS III's truck this color, but we haven't had time do a full respray on it yet.

So far the plans include a mild build and some fine tuning to set it up just right.

After emptying the spare parts out of the back of the cruiser, I was able to give it a good wash, lots of buffing, wax, and detailing to get it as perfect as I could. I also had some paintless dent repair done on a couple small dents and now you'd never know they were even there.

Next came the Ironman 50mm lift, foam cell shocks and the washer mod for caster correction.

IMG_6057.JPG

After lifting it, it became apparent it would need more lift in the front. On went some 20mm front coil spacers to combat stink bug look.

I also ordered some OEM front mud flaps and installed them. Then we set to work trimming up the front ARB winch bumper.

IMG_5944.JPG

After working with Dustin of FN Wheels, who machined a set of FX Pros to fit with custom center caps and no spacers on my red '75 FJ40, I gave him another call for a new set of wheels. This time I went with the FN Overlander Spec B wheels which look very similar to the 16" Trail Teams Ultimate FJ Cruiser TRD wheels but these are 17x8.5". After him sending them off to be machined to work with center caps and clear the hubs, I ordered a set of 35x12.5 E Rated KO2s and custom TRD emblems to fit into the center cap recess.

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6023.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

Next up it will be getting a Summit Cruisers Factory Bumper Swing Out installed along with monstaliner on the rear bumper wings, flares, sliders and rockers as well as some paint work.

Last edited:
Looking really nice!..you should paint the top white to give it the FJ look.

What mod did you do with the ARB?...

Looking really nice!..you should paint the top white to give it the FJ look.

What mod did you do with the ARB?...

Thanks,

We trimmed about 3" of the bottom of the ARB off and tucked the frame rail box back several inches for clearance. See pic #2.

Hell yeah!

Nice rig

for the record, I don't think you could get any further from Boulder that Cortez and stay within the state of CO

For the love of all that is good please don't paint the top white

Thanks, the Cortez comment was definitely a joke aimed @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr. Imagine being on the end of a long camping trip with some friends and your dad asks for you to go check out a Cruiser in the same state. No big deal right? "It's not that far". Yeah right.
Anyway...top is staying green but the Toyota on the grill will go white.

Great look!

wow thats a mint rig, I wish I was summit cruisers IIII

Sub'd. I saw this looking at the tire-carrier you just had installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom