Intro: 3rd Gen Sequoia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone mounted an ARB air compressor in their Sequoia yet? I know the Expedition Overland crew mounted one to the Goose Gear 3rd row delete plate (not released yet) but haven't seen another one. I was thinking about attaching a compressor to the plastic door for the 12 volt battery, or maybe waiting until some companies have Molle panels for the 3rd row window. I have a Limited 4x4 allocation reserved at my local dealer (Hendrick Toyota of Apex, NC), just gotta wait the 6-9 months.

Not yet, but I’d be interested in the 3rd row delete if it works well

I'm planning on fabbing a mount plate here for the ARB dual compressor.
PXL_20231010_181614209~2.jpg

I love having in here on my 80series:
PXL_20220929_163948293.jpg

Seems to be decent room in the bay..

Last edited:
I'm planning on fabbing a mount plate here for the ARB dual compressor.
View attachment 3452535

I love having in here on my 80series:
View attachment 3452660

Seems to be decent room in the bay..
I was thinking about the same but I would like to have the compressor towards the back of the vehicle. I tow a boat and would like to be able to reach the trailer tires without having to carry 40’ of hose.

Might actually be more practical as well, as the hybrid Sequoias have their 12V batteries in the rear of the vehicle instead of the engine bay.

Put on the WD lo pro rack...I never open the pano, just like the addt cabin brightness when I need it...added the S2 trailing/work lights on the rear too...

Need to explore how to tap into the battery system now with a switchpro without blowing up the car...

View attachment 3447783
One thing I dislike is how far back in the rack sits in the rear...the spoiler blocks a lot of light reach below- wonder if it can be removed and patched...

View attachment 3447784

View attachment 3447782

WD lift kit and 35" tires on the horizon.
Did you drop the headliner to wire in the roof lights? If so, any weird aspects of the Sequoia? I was planning on ditch lights, but it was the first time in 15 years that my wife has vetoed a mod (I'll allow it). Instead I'm looking into a light bar, but I hate adding leak points.

Might actually be more practical as well, as the hybrid Sequoias have their 12V batteries in the rear of the vehicle instead of the engine bay.
I was thinking the same thing. Right now I have 4 ideas; attach compressor to Mille panel on the 3rd row windows (these are not out yet, many options for 4Runner), through bolt to the 12 volt battery plastic door, install in place of the spare tire (not my top choice), copy expedition overland with a goose gear 3rd row delete plate (just the plate, don’t want the storage boxes).

Did you drop the headliner to wire in the roof lights? If so, any weird aspects of the Sequoia?
I haven't begun the wiring to the switchpro yet.

I'm waiting to get all the accessories in and mounted before I head to the electrical.

I'm thinking the front mount for the compressor, as I have to put in the winch too. (Will add a breaker too to terminate power to those until needed) - I almost want to configure some sort of 2 battery posts up front to wire it all to minimize wire travel to the battery...

As for the rear lights, there is a loom entry to the headliner from the 3rd brake light that should seal back up nicely.

I haven't begun the wiring to the switchpro yet.

I'm waiting to get all the accessories in and mounted before I head to the electrical.

I'm thinking the front mount for the compressor, as I have to put in the winch too. (Will add a breaker too to terminate power to those until needed) - I almost want to configure some sort of 2 battery posts up front to wire it all to minimize wire travel to the battery...

As for the rear lights, there is a loom entry to the headliner from the 3rd brake light that should seal back up nicely.
Look up Marine Bus bars and fuse boxes for your under hood wiring, should make things a lot easier for you.

After watching the Expedition Overland video again, and pausing the video when the battery compartment was shown, I think I'll be able to fit an ARB single compressor above the 12 volt battery. I'll report back when I have the truck.

Look up Marine Bus bars and fuse boxes for your under hood wiring, should make things a lot easier for you
Yes. Exactly this.

Received a crate delivery today
PXL_20231017_161423384.jpg

I'm dreading this part...the first incision on a perfectly good/new bumper.... 😟

Been pondering a game plan with the front bumper- @luwig - what would you say the LOE is on this mod- done in a few hrs or did you take yours to a shop?

I've yet to do the collar lift too- may burn some pto and just make an extended wknd to knock it all out at once...

Been pondering a game plan with the front bumper- @luwig - what would you say the LOE is on this mod- done in a few hrs or did you take yours to a shop?

I've yet to do the collar lift too- may burn some pto and just make an extended wknd to knock it all out at once...
I took mine to an offroad shop that does alot of overland work (think rooftop tents, lifts, full aftermarket suspension, wenches, etc). They charged me about 8 hours total for the preload collars and front bumper.

I just dont have the tools to get everything done on my own.

Took a ~2ish hour trip south to go see Messi play in CLT this wknd and had a fairly aggressive vibration on the fairing of the lopro rack around 70ish mph. It was overly windy this wknd too so that didnt help- I could tell fitment was leaving a sliver of daylight in the middle potentially causing it. Sent a note over to Westcott in website chat, and just got a call from Jeff at Westcott wanting to help dial in my fit. That's service baby!

nice build so far

how's that 3rd row / trunk shelf working out? Sequoia's on my short list of future daddywagons but most of what I've read online or seen on youtube makes it sound unlivable. Haven't seen one in person yet, but it looks to me if the 3rd row is down and that shelf is folded over to make it flat, it's a pretty decent trunk. Curious what you think after owing one for a while

nice build so far

how's that 3rd row / trunk shelf working out? Sequoia's on my short list of future daddywagons but most of what I've read online or seen on youtube makes it sound unlivable. Haven't seen one in person yet, but it looks to me if the 3rd row is down and that shelf is folded over to make it flat, it's a pretty decent trunk. Curious what you think after owing one for a while
I'm a family of (4) total. The majority of time traveling is with 3rd row up (kids will throw their school backpacks and junk back there during daily grind- the storage is fine- I have a organizer in there that holds blankets, soccer balls, etc...and actually have the shelf raised to 2nd level to accommodate (4) camping chairs, hand air compressor, first aid etc...works really well. On longer travel days the seats go down and provide plenty of suitcase storage/ yeti coolers, etc...all while having plenty of 4 person space.

It's def an awkward setup at first but you adjust- I also love the window only access to drop stuff in...

PXL_20231025_161218963~2.jpg

I'm a family of (4) total. The majority of time traveling is with 3rd row up (kids will throw their school backpacks and junk back there during daily grind- the storage is fine- I have a organizer in there that holds blankets, soccer balls, etc...and actually have the shelf raised to 2nd level to accommodate (4) camping chairs, hand air compressor, first aid etc...works really well. On longer travel days the seats go down and provide plenty of suitcase storage/ yeti coolers, etc...all while having plenty of 4 person space.

It's def an awkward setup at first but you adjust- I also love the window only access to drop stuff in...

View attachment 3464872
Thanks - good to know

View attachment 3464872
I hate to say it, but for everyday use, I think that the shelf actually comes in handy. I think it offers an extra layer of organization. On long trips, that might be a different situation.

I hate to say it, but for everyday use, I think that the shelf actually comes in handy. I think it offers an extra layer of organization. On long trips, that might be a different situation.
agreed- also you can raise it to the top and hide stuff underneath to keep things out of visibility when parked.

I generally have the 3rd row seat folded down. I haven't had alot of fuss accessing the storage underneath the shelf.

One thing I wish the cargo had more of is, tight down points (for coolers and what not). I have been using the flimsy metal ones in the back and the car seat anchors so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom