Intro: 3rd Gen Sequoia (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up my Sequoia yesterday. TRDPro, pano roof, grey interior.

This is to offset my LX450- need to get some work on it and have a spare rig to drive.

1st mods: chrome delete badges

Mod direction:
Westcott leveler
Icon Rebound 17s
35" toyo rt trail tires
Prinsu roof rack

Undecided on winch bumper and rear tire carriers seem to not be out yet...

My dilemma: keep this urban friendly for parking. 7' decks are common here, prohibiting my LX from entry...(ask how I know).

PXL_20230815_195235401~2.jpg
PXL_20230815_195214450~2.jpg

PXL_20230815_195156834~2.jpg

Anyone seen any new neat products?

I have the same specs you have.

I also have a westcott designs suspension lift with CBI covert bumper.
The suspension definitely made the ride a bit rougher but still fairly smooth.
Planning upgrading to 35" BFG KO2s soon.

Congrats on the new ride!

Nice rig. Can’t wait to see it on 35s. I think the RT Trail are going to be a great tire.

I have the same specs you have.

I also have a westcott designs suspension lift with CBI covert bumper.
The suspension definitely made the ride a bit rougher but still fairly smooth.
Planning upgrading to 35" BFG KO2s soon.

Congrats on the new ride!
How do you like the CBI? Did you put it on before the suspension lift and try driving with just that weight up front? Any nosediving during braking? My two hesitations are adding weight without doing suspension at same time, and I hate wasting the OEM fog lights so early into my ownership. I'm considering waiting on the bumper until I do suspension, which won't be until I burn through the stock tires and size up. Normally that would be 2 years with 20k miles driving and decent mix of offroad, but our rig has become purely an adventure rig, so instead of 20k miles/yr, we are trending toward 10k. Not sure I can wait 4+ years!

How do you like the CBI? Did you put it on before the suspension lift and try driving with just that weight up front? Any nosediving during braking? My two hesitations are adding weight without doing suspension at same time, and I hate wasting the OEM fog lights so early into my ownership.
Similar to my thoughts- I want to upgrade the stock fogs to the bi-S2s from baja, but no sense wasting money if it gets replaced with a bumper- but also I'm anxious to see any new bumpers that come about- market is still green for mods. I really love the 4x4labs setup on my 80 and would love to do similar to my Seq....all this still while trying to maintain under 7' tall..lol... we'll see.

How do you like the CBI? Did you put it on before the suspension lift and try driving with just that weight up front? Any nosediving during braking? My two hesitations are adding weight without doing suspension at same time, and I hate wasting the OEM fog lights so early into my ownership. I'm considering waiting on the bumper until I do suspension, which won't be until I burn through the stock tires and size up. Normally that would be 2 years with 20k miles driving and decent mix of offroad, but our rig has become purely an adventure rig, so instead of 20k miles/yr, we are trending toward 10k. Not sure I can wait 4+ years!
I like it! The westcott designs lift is a bit higher on the front end, so the additional weight kind of help leveling it out.

The bumper does not have any attachments for stock or aftermarket fogs...wasnt a fan of the stock ones to begin with. I would love to see more aftermarket support for bumpers but I've always been a fan of CBI covert bumpers, they do a fantastic covert bumper for lx570.

But the main aim of my build was to keep the truck to look as stock as possible, with a few tasteful add-ons.

I like it! The westcott designs lift is a bit higher on the front end, so the additional weight kind of help leveling it out.

Did you do the leveling lift (puck and collar mod) or is there an actual lift kit you went with?

It's for the front and the rear, preload puck and collar. It's about 2.5" in the front (including the bumper) and 1" in the rear.
They also have a front leveling kit that only lifts the front. Alot of people leave the puck out since it would raise the front end too much.

Mods en route:
  • Westcott Leveler (so I can fit 35s)
  • Westcott lo-pro full rack
  • Switchpros SP9100
  • CBI ditch light brackets (for use with my extra BD Squadrons on my 80 Series)

Talking to my wheel guy on offsets and clearance n such- thinking icon rebound in satin black 17" / 35" Toyo Open country RT Trails (want to keep with the blackout theme).

Most likely will set up electronics similar to my 80 (dual air comp, excessive driving and fog ambers- thus the switchpro). Still hunting for the bumpers (altho i'm leaning towards the covert from CBI w/ bully) on the front. For the rear, I'd love to have tire and accessories: hilift, maxtrax, rotopax dual swing arm...

Baby steps:

CBI ditch light brackets

PXL_20230825_175820710~2.jpg

I was leaning towards a GX 550 or LC 250 but am seriously considering the Sequoia now since I tow a boat (it’s only 3000lb’s but my 4Runner wheelbase just makes it rough on the highway). How do you feel about the cargo space and the odd 3rd row? If I get the sequoia I’m debating on doing a goose gear 3rd row delete and covering it in seadek.

I don't really mind it. It is weird, but I got a weathertech cargo mat that smoothes everything out. The only downside is the high load floor.

Can't say much about towing, but I will be getting a 6x12 toy hauler for a mini truck soon.

I don't really mind it. It is weird, but I got a weathertech cargo mat that smoothes everything out. The only downside is the high load floor.

Can't say much about towing, but I will be getting a 6x12 toy hauler for a mini truck soon.
Understood and thanks for the feedback. The price and cargo space is my only reservations about picking up a Sequoia.

The only downside is the high load floor.
Completely agree with this. Compared to my 80series, rear cargo area is cumbersome with the raised level due to battery pack.

I think Clay over at XO did the goose delete on their Sequoia, may give you a better idea on space.

I bought this mainly for optional third row use (maybe 20% of the time). Planning the roof rack/ cargo boxes should make up for cramped interior storage.

Completely agree with this. Compared to my 80series, rear cargo area is cumbersome with the raised level due to battery pack.

I think Clay over at XO did the goose delete on their Sequoia, may give you a better idea on space.

I bought this mainly for optional third row use (maybe 20% of the time). Planning the roof rack/ cargo boxes should make up for cramped interior storage.
I watched that XO video on the Sequoia with the Goose Gear delete. Makes a HUGE difference in the amount of space.

Ran into a small hiccup today. Found out that locking hitch pins don't work too well with the plastic bumper.

Not compatible with Rhino USA locking hitch pins. Also, I'd go for a 2.5" usable pin length

Ran into a small hiccup today. Found out that locking hitch pins don't work too well with the plastic bumper.

Not compatible with Rhino USA locking hitch pins. Also, I'd go for a 2.5" usable pin length
Thinking of doin the NYTOP recovery plate / hitch while more swing arms develop...wonder if the open bottom allows better lockable pins/key access.

Had my inno dual bike rack on earlier but used the pin that came with the Sequoia ( non lock)

Can one of y’all with a Sequoia measure the cargo space (with 3rd folded) and post the dimensions? I can find the Toyota posted volume but no actual measurements.

I’m thinking the tailgate to the edge of the battery tray, edge of battery tray to back of second row, width, and height.

Put on the WD lo pro rack...I never open the pano, just like the addt cabin brightness when I need it...added the S2 trailing/work lights on the rear too...

Need to explore how to tap into the battery system now with a switchpro without blowing up the car...

PXL_20231005_125345047~2.jpg

One thing I dislike is how far back in the rack sits in the rear...the spoiler blocks a lot of light reach below- wonder if it can be removed and patched...

PXL_20231005_125402275~2.jpg

PXL_20231005_125332551~2.jpg

WD lift kit and 35" tires on the horizon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom