Intro: 2013 in MS. Both feet in overlanding mode .... heading out West next week. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmorgan24

SILVER Star
Threads
Purchased this LC200 in Albany NY from the Yoda dealer's wife - a CPO with about 50k miles on it in Oct 2016. I did nothing except replace the tires with some 285/65/18 LTX A/T2 Michelin's - until a few weeks ago. Now ARB drawers, barrier and sides, ARB 47L Fridge, FrontRunner SL2, FR 2M Awning, Redarc BCDC1225D, Renology 100Ah AGM, and Blue Sea fuse and distribution. About three months ago - yes three - I ordered some Fox 2.5's with DSC from Accutune. They came in last week so I've got them going on Friday after my last minute purchase of some OME 2722/275# springs arrive for the rear. The 2nd and 3rd row seats have been removed too. I've done all the work with some buddy help on the roof stuff. Also have a local 4RP guy that's loaning me his AirTop tent for my trip.

Anyway, I've been looking at this forum off and on for a few years but never wanted to join in. I see now that I've been missing out and want to get all I can from the group. I formerly owned a 2007 LC (2013-2016) and 4Runner Sport 4WD (2010-2016).

We were supposed to leave this weekend for Glacier National Park but us Southern's don't do that well in the cold more or less the snow. We've not decided where to head but West and North it shall be ... somewhere. Got a great spot? Let me know!

Thanks y'all,

IMG_20190915_155541.jpg

IMG_20191013_212811.jpg

IMG_20191014_213313.jpg

IMG_20191012_091747-resize.jpg

IMG_20191008_111805.jpg

I love that cargo barrier, where did you get that from? I still use 1 third row seat so it probably wouldnt work without the drawers to attach. Still very cool

ARB COB200 - technically a half barrier that's made to work with the ARB drawers. I do have an ENTIRE SET of ARB RD1045 and RDRF1045 drawers and barrier for sale. Don't ask me why I have TWO sets (one installed on my LC)! Check our the arbusa.com site for the details on the drawers.

yeah i wish a full drawer setup was in the cards for me, but i still occasionally use 1 of the 3rd row seats. Thanks for the info

Nice IMBA Sticker! If you ever head towards AL with bikes, I live near some great trails at Chewacla State Park in Auburn, AL.
As to where to go, this is prime season for Arizona and Utah. I'd head out to Moab, Grand Canyon, Sedona, and that way for 4x4ing, exploring, and biking. I'm doing a long weekend trip in early Nov to Sedona to ride, but unfortunately too short a trip to drive and take the Cruiser. Snow is setting in early in the Upper Rockies, I'd stay south this year.

Great set of mods to start with!

I don't think I've seen anybody with the Fox setup on a 200 - would love to hear your thoughts once you get them on. I assume they were custom valved?

We were supposed to leave this weekend for Glacier National Park but us Southern's don't do that well in the cold more or less the snow. We've not decided where to head but West and North it shall be ... somewhere. Got a great spot? Let me know!

Southern Utah. There might be some snow up high, but down in the desert is perfect right now.

BTW, nice rig!

Those are all great options above. It's just about desert season out this way. Death Valley, Alabama Hills, and then head up the 395 until you get too cold then head West through Yosemite, and head toward the coast from there where it will warm up a bit. If you make it to San Diego reach out to your twin 😆

IMG_20180906_120536.jpg

Great idea ... since we are discussing it, I'd love to know the best resource to help get me up to speed on where to go (roads, best trails, camp spots offroad, etc). I sure hope my LTX tires are good enough ... about tapped out at this point!

In no way is this a comprehensive list, but it's a good start: Trails - FunTreks

The books are good too to have alongside digital maps.

Wish me luck ... Fox 2.5s tomorrow as the OME rear springs arrived a day early!

KDSS valves stuck .. so sway bar ends dropped. No Fox spanner, unknown height. Figure it out. Stickers! So far, so good.

IMG_20191017_083803.jpg

IMG_20191017_083434.jpg

IMG_20191017_082639.jpg

593030510.jpg

593032817.jpg

Glad you figured it out, I've said it in other threads that stuck KDSS valves are not the end of the world and its not necessary to turn them to install a lift.

I read you had to turn them post install for it to equalize?

Anyone want an update on the fun I've had over the past two days?? She looks taller ...

IMG_20191018_175835.jpg

Thanks to BJ and Devon @ Capitol Body Shop In Ridgeland MS for a job well done. I think I'll start a different thread on the install for people's future reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom