Instrument cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey legends,

I have a 1990 hzj75 troopy with a 6.2L diesel Brunswick conversion,

this has got me stumped I was fault finding a temperature gauge fault and Had the instrument cluster out but still connected and whilst testing shorted something out on the cluster 🤦‍♂️

now the oil pressure, battery voltage, and Speedo do not work, all worked perfectly before I shorted out the cluster and a little spark,
I’m sure there is a fuse somewhere but have checked fuses in engine bay and instrument cluster with no luck, I did notice none of the fuses had gauges on the diagram,

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

Your speedo is cable driven. The oil pressure gauges are very delicate and shorts kill them quick. When you fit the gauge cluster back in it has to be seated properly to make a good earth

I think on mine the instruments are on a fuse named ENGINE.
Speedo or RPM/Tach?

I looked , couldnt see one on the fuse cover. Engine is there.

1600950652838.png

Thanks guys,

I checked the engine fuse and it is fine, when I had the cluster out it would show the readings on the gauges soon as I shorted it out the gauges died, I am thinking I’ve cooked the cluster and may need to replace the whole thing 😠

Thanks guys,

I checked the engine fuse and it is fine, when I had the cluster out it would show the readings on the gauges soon as I shorted it out the gauges died, I am thinking I’ve cooked the cluster and may need to replace the whole thing 😠
Found it

cheers legends

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom