Info or help needed please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello,
I am a TLCA member and pet of ONSC Landcruiser club out of North Carolina. I am currently headed back to NC from Vegas and was wandering if any of you could recommend a good cruiser shop to diagnose and or fix an issue I have developed. I am currently in Vegas but managed to get my lx450 running so I am just going to start making my way east on I-40 and pass through Albuquerque NM.

Since everything is closed today I rather start driving and stop in Albuquerque tonight and figure out the issue in the morning.

So anybody can help would be greatly appreciated. A good Landcruiser or Toyota shop would be great thanks.

Del

Can you describe the issues? A lotta knowledge here.
Otherwise- toyo masters (505) 890-8696
Good luck! If you get stranded let us know... may be able to rustle up a rescue. Plenty of tow rigs on here!

Last edited:
Personally, I think the collective knowledge of our FZJ80 group would be a better bet. Have you pulled any codes? Autozone will do it for free.

Michael Potter at Aztec Automotive in Santa Fe is a good bet. I'm with Dumpolina and pappy, though. What's going on with your lc?

Hello,
I am a TLCA member and pet of ONSC Landcruiser club out of North Carolina. I am currently headed back to NC from Vegas and was wandering if any of you could recommend a good cruiser shop to diagnose and or fix an issue I have developed. I am currently in Vegas but managed to get my lx450 running so I am just going to start making my way east on I-40 and pass through Albuquerque NM.

Since everything is closed today I rather start driving and stop in Albuquerque tonight and figure out the issue in the morning.

So anybody can help would be greatly appreciated. A good Landcruiser or Toyota shop would be great thanks.

Del

Del,

Just come to my house if you're swinging through ABQ and we'll sort it out or at least know better WTF is going on. I maybe too late though. Send me a text to 505 - 926 - one three one zero

Sorry for the late response fellas. I really appreciate the response. I think I narrowed down my issue to a faulty ignition switch.

After hours of testing the old starter, new starter, batteries, battery terminals, grounds.

I hot started the truck with a wire to the ignition cable from the battery and the truck is running perfect. So I just decided to make my way east and keep driving. I am already in Amarillo and at the rate I am driving I should be back in NC tomorrow night.

I just have to leave the truck on or hot start it again. No big deal though.

Thank you all for your response.

Del

Good deal! Thanks for the update and good luck with the rest of your trip!

Del - great roadside investigation, have a safe trip home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom