INFAMOUS 80 Series TLC CrawlerBox/Transfercase FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No they didn't, I don't think they would want the liability of describing the work involved. Understandably neither would I.

We do need someone to move forward with this, and either define what hammer work is involved, or find a shop who will do the mods and let us know the cost and contact info.

I guess if someone wants to swap a manual anyway but retain the AWD/4WD it is totally an option. You'd need an AA adapter for the trans and maybe to mod the fuel tank regardless.

You seem like a fella who gets things built... How about a 5 speed transmission, doubler and an HF2A?

Might need an IH8MUD Gofundme page :) My issue is that I've since installed a rear crossmember for the rear lower links. I was okay with gas tank modification but I cannot relocate this crossmember which crosses over the gas tank and tcase. I would need somebody else to measure how far back everything moves to verify clearance.

bnXB3PGh.jpg

Ehj5nBDh.jpg

Might need an IH8MUD Gofundme page :) My issue is that I've since installed a rear crossmember for the rear lower links. I was okay with gas tank modification but I cannot relocate this crossmember which crosses over the gas tank and tcase. I would need somebody else to measure how far back everything moves to verify clearance.

Yeah.. I can see how that would not work for you. It would be a major redesign in comparison.

I'd like to see this become an option, but not for my use. I don't really need it with the 5.61:1 first gear ratio, just the 2.27 split case and the low idle rpm of the oil burner it's more than I need or even use up here. There isn't rocky moab or rubicon type trails in my neck of the woods. Mudholes, creek crossings, muskegy trails and sidehills. I need something that picks up speed quick and throws mud out of the tread in a hurry more then ultra low gears. Even with 4.11's and 38's and the high 0.73:1 OD 5th I'm revving a bit high for fast highway travels.

Back to the topic of crawlboxes though. Maybe the length of a 5 speed/NWF/HF2A wouldn't be too far off. It would be handy to know lengths with adapters and doublers.

So did anyone go the 343f and atlas route in an 80 series or has it only been done in the mini truck world? Wondering if theres enough room under there for either the 2 or 4 speed units or if gas tank and floor board mods are needed.

IN speaking with AA there is no atlas that well bolt up to 80series transmission.
90-94 is a A442 95-97 is a A343 I'm not sure if the case and output shafts are the same as the 343F
The Gas tank is very close to the transfer case and would need mods for any kind of crawlbox.

IN speaking with AA there is no atlas that well bolt up to 80series transmission.
90-94 is a A442 95-97 is a A343 I'm not sure if the case and output shafts are the same as the 343F
The Gas tank is very close to the transfer case and would need mods for any kind of crawlbox.

Sorry I didnt specify using the aw4 tail shaft and housing on the 343. Thanks for the reply gas tank will need to be relocated most likely.

This looks like a pretty cool option for the LS swap crowd as you can drop your LS and GM trans in and then keep your Cruiser TC.

Even better you should be able to adjust your mounts enough that your could keep your stock drive shafts?

meh id rather just go with an atlas at that point and ditch the awd, you have to modify the gas tank either way why not get the option to do front digs and pick your gear ratios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom