Builds indycole's 2016 200 Series Build and Retrospective (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Valley Hybrids team completed a couple eagerly-awaited changes to the 200 today.

First, they swapped the 12.5 gal LRA aux tank with the 24 gallon. As mentioned in another thread, they gave it the full service VH treatment with a HD skid and coat of black paint. The 12.5 gal is a great solution but I ended up wanting more range.

Second, they installed the Trail Tailor x Tough Dog heavy rear coils. I had been running the short, stiff OME 2725s that actually ended up being too harsh (surprising, eh). They felt all right when the truck was absolutely fully loaded (like approaching 9k) but otherwise it was like I never felt the shocks.

The result, for lack of a better word, is magical thus far. There’s a small amount of rake and the ride quality is amazing. I’ve just had a single highway drive on them so far but am just excited after months of discomfort. I’m in Redding now and we’re taking a closer look in the morning.

5A63B791-6146-4C93-9F92-F14E5F390079.jpeg
B4B18A32-EB38-496D-A8DF-566C58732897.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m interested in those coils. Did you get them from Jason? Also are you selling that used 12.5 Aux tank?

Yep, coils are from Jason. They’d be a great fit for your truck especially sans Stealth. The 12.5 gal tank is back in the hands of Cruiser Brothers / VH. They’ll either resell it or retire it to the museum.

I see you have the Trail Tailor Tough Dog panhard bar...what made you decide it was needed? Are you happy with it?

The driver side tire was noticeably further outside the wheel well compared to the passenger side. I think it was in the acceptable range but decided to try the panhard for peace of mind. The rear is aligned now.

Thanks! I’ll take some measurements tomorrow as I feel the panhard may be the “tweak” I’m looking for.

If you don’t visually notice a difference standing behind your vehicle then it’s probably not an issue. That said, I am far from an expert on suspension, lol.

If you don’t visually notice a difference standing behind your vehicle then it’s probably not an issue. That said, I am far from an expert on suspension, lol.
Haha, I’m not either but maybe that tape measure will tell me something my eyes aren’t. I should be installing the Budbulit armor that came in this week tomorrow so it will be a good time to look things over.

Thanks, @indycole ... ! As you know, I’ve been waiting for your coil report as we aren’t too far separated with two heavy rigs on 2725’s. Already on it with Jason. Looking forward to the coil swap!

The driver side tire was noticeably further outside the wheel well compared to the passenger side. I think it was in the acceptable range but decided to try the panhard for peace of mind. The rear is aligned now.

I think you were almost an inch shifted before I installed the panhard bar.

J

I think you were almost an inch shifted before I installed the panhard bar.

J

Hmmm... I should measure mine.
Also have a bent rear control arm...

Last edited:
Yep, coils are from Jason. They’d be a great fit for your truck especially sans Stealth. The 12.5 gal tank is back in the hands of Cruiser Brothers / VH. They’ll either resell it or retire it to the museum.
Hmmm. I have the 2724’s and they feel too soft for my weight. The rear end feels “billobilly”. That’s a technical term. I was considering the 2725’s but now I’m thinking these may be the ticket.

I’m in the same boat with my 2725s, although I don’t hate the stiff ride. I kind of wish I hadn’t jumped skipped the 2724s in my progression as it’d be nice to have them on the shelf, other than the cost to swap them. I haven’t had a chance to do any testing on the BP-51 adjustments. What settings did you find worked best with 2725s when unloaded versus when heavy?

Damn I wish I lived closer to Redding! I want that tailgate storage lid so bad.

Halfway between Stockton and Redding would be ideal!

It's really quite easy. Cole and I were chatting back and forth during the cutout/prep phase and I don't think it took an hour. I'd say it's a 1.5-2 hour install mod.

J

Damn I wish I lived closer to Redding! I want that tailgate storage lid so bad.

Trail Taylor will ship!

No proximity required! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom