Indonesian 40s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I’ve just about finished a nut and bolt restoration of my 71 FJ40, here in the UK. It was terrifyingly expensive but very happy with the result. I’m now looking at the restored/painted examples coming from Indonesia (there seems to be no end of supply) and they seem very good value. My question is, how good are they? Does anyone have any experience with these and how do they compare with examples from the US and Europe? Cheers. John

Post some pics of your restoration. I would guess that Indonesian imports are probably comparable to the South American imports we see. Lots of lipstick and mismatched parts from various years. You've got me interested. Before I go off on a wild goose chase on the internet, would you please post some links you see in the UK for the Indonesian imports?

Post some pics of your restoration. I would guess that Indonesian imports are probably comparable to the South American imports we see. Lots of lipstick and mismatched parts from various years. You've got me interested. Before I go off on a wild goose chase on the internet, would you please post some links you see in the UK for the Indonesian imports?
There are now a few companies in Indo (eg Hogg and Swan on Instagram) offering restored FJ40s and they are shipping quite a lot to the UK.

There are now a few companies in Indo (eg Hogg and Swan on Instagram) offering restored FJ40s and they are shipping quite a lot to the UK.

IMG_7295.jpeg

63963251-39cc-4531-9d74-672495611eea.jpeg

fdca3fbf-428c-4548-b532-7304897ceb28.jpeg

b456df17-fed3-41c0-9338-74647925a47f.jpeg

d6356043-6b1a-41c4-8cbd-0a58bac60503.jpeg

Nice truck you have there! I did some poking around and found this Indonesian FJ40 from awhile back. It looks like a really nice job. BORDER REIVERS

Not a 40-Series colour, but a good paint job anyway.
Cool 16 inch non-split rims!
Hands down a great truck and restoration, congrats mate!
Is it an Australian Cruiser?
Thanks, definitely not a 40 series colour but I’m super weird and paint all my trucks this colour.
It is indeed an Australian Cruiser.
Did a few upgrades such as discs all round and power steering.

Doing a due diligence check is a must. Visited the country various times and even partaking on the annual Nationwide Land Cruiser Club events. There are good albeit stellar samples that are being sold over there but as with other countries, there are a proliferation of opportunists like the one shown in Mr Land Cruiser's video above.

Cheers.

Nice truck you have there! I did some poking around and found this Indonesian FJ40 from awhile back. It looks like a really nice job. BORDER REIVERS
Looks very clean in the pictures... but this was a little different.
Fj40 Seat Support.JPG

I've never seen seats moved forward before.

Interesting hack making a hole in the top of a 1F air cleaner for a 2F carb. Especially since the ROW market had access to the 2F equivalent air cleaner box.🤔

I don’t know what vehicle that fan is from, but it’s on backwards!
Good spot. When the photo was taken the original carb was still giving bother and needed to be looked at so we made a temporary solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom