In-laws are moving in short time-Need to lower. The LC for short time. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How long will you need to have the truck lowered? what are your future plans for the vehicle, lift, armor, wheels, tires.
How mechanically inclined are you and what level of effort are you willing to put into modding the vehicle for this temporary fix?

Best solution has been offered, and that is shorter springs. If that is more work/expense than prudent for the amount of time you will need them, take Island's idea one step further and look for low profile tires. May look a little odd, but roll gangsta' while transporting the inlaws around. Keep one of your AKs handy it will go with the look...(just kidding there)

If your build plans include armor (front/rear bumpers) you can think about installing them now. The added weight will definitely lower the truck.

Deflate the Tires, Just kidding Gaijin... Just kidding.

3794856.jpg

upload_2017-4-19_9-22-1.jpeg

Even with some crazy lowering method...you only get an inch or two. Is that going to truly solve anything? Honestly, this whole idea seems a little nuts to me. There. I said it. :hillbilly:

It's the internet....nothings crazy here.

Took my in law to the DR. today. While waiting at the dr office for few hours sitting in my Camry is tough... the seat are not comfortable at all.... how in the world did I put 200K miles sitting in it?

Not to be a punk here but I had an FJ Cruiser and when my mother in law moved in (she is not that old- 70), it was the excuse to get INTO an LC for the 3rd row (for the kiddos).

Seriously- before lowering the LC try the step idea.

If not- trade the Camry for an older minivan or something. You could even pick up a used Caddy for a few bucks!

I looked it up quickly-

2010 Caddillac mid size with under 100k for under $10
2009 Lincoln
2009 Avalon
2006 Honda van
2011 Chrysler van.

etc.

What? They're in-laws right?

Do you have a sense of humor, or are you actually that constipated?

All I said was "wow," Mr. Pot (or is it Mr. Kettle?). :moon: :hillbilly:

Last edited:
If you can't tolerate the Camry anymore...Toyota dealers will happily service an LX570.

Uber them

If you can't tolerate the Camry anymore...Toyota dealers will happily service an LX570.

From every owner of Lexus owners here in Grants Pass and Medford, they all have to bring their car to the nearest city for services which is in Eugene. Two hours away from us.

^I stand corrected. Seems like it depends on the specific Toyota dealers willingness to deal with sister Lexus models.

Disagree with this one...I was turned away from the Toyota Dealer in town when I tried to have them do anything more than an oil change.

That's weird. The Toyota dealer here always has non-toyota vehicles in the bay getting worked on (beyond oil changes). Then again Toyota dealerships are franchised not Toyota owned, I learned that after submitting a complaint to Toyota USA against a dealership

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom