In-laws are moving in short time-Need to lower. The LC for short time. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wifey just told me that my in-laws are not feeling well. They are moving in with us so I can take them to the Drs. They are old, hard for them to get in and out the truck...

PleAse give me a few ideas how to lower the SUV a little for short time that does not affect the smooth ride?

Maybe this is an opportunity to get into an LX if you've ever fancied for finer accouterments to the LC?

It is for this very reason that I appreciate AHC and its ability to kneel. For my mom who's had surgery to both knees. For my 98 yr old grandma. For my kids that can clamber up on their own. And to save my back when I have to load/unload loads and kiddos. The auto close rear hatch is also a nice thing for my dad who's unable to reach overhead due to a rotator cuff injury.

The rubbermaid step is a good idea. Another trick I sometimes use is to pull in close along the curb but that's not always available. Do you still have the side steps? That along with the great built in grab handles should make it doable if your rig is not raised too much.

Cant have the LX...we have no Lexus dealer around 150 miles radius here in Grants Pass. If we need to bring it in for service we have to take it to eugene which 2 hours away from us.

Yes, we learned the trick is to park next to the curve but sometime it is so inconvience :) Thank you for the idea.

I would just get a small Rubbermaid step for them. Far better and simpler than trying to modify your suspension, and not being happy with it.

Heh... Was JUST about to type that it would be a lot cheaper to just buy a step stool. :)

Last edited:
I was wondering if the SLEE sliders were wider than the factory boards?

What does your wife drive, and could you swap cars?

Sounds like you've already tried multiple strategies for the LC.

Perhaps buy a beater to transport them in? And possibly at the same time have a bit of carbon offset for the LC.
Something like a late model Leaf (2013+) could be had for dirt cheap ($6k+), and still have factory warranty. They're not my cup of tea, but just an idea.

I was wondering if the SLEE sliders were wider than the factory boards?

Yes they are. They're brilliant, I had my lift installed before the sliders and once I got the sliders it made life so much easier.

20170410_150733.jpg

Get a foot stool from an RV dealer. They carry great extra step stools for getting in and out of RVs; much better than the cheap plastic tippy stools from the big box stores. Here's one example:

2-Height Platform Step

I hate to read threads like this. This is the exact reason I had to part ways with my 1999 LC - because my wife's grandmother had to move in with us, and she couldn't get up into either one of our vehicles. We wound up measuring the height of her butt (!) and purchasing a car based on her not having to go up or down - just backing up straight into the seat. What did we wind up with? A 2006 RAV4 V6 Limited with leather seats that could easily be cleaned. Well, grandma is now gone, our son is now driving the RAV4, and I've got a new LC. But I still miss my '99. Sorry you're in the same spot...

Thank you all, lucky me I still got my 2002 Toyota Camry... I just have to park my LC in the gargage and use it when my in laws are not going anywhere with us... I will miss driving my LC :-( but life will be much easy.

So ... let me see if I have this straight.

Your first post asking the question:

wifey just told me that my in-laws are not feeling well. They are moving in with us so I can take them to the Drs. They are old, hard for them to get in and out the truck...

PleAse give me a few ideas how to lower the SUV a little for short time that does not affect the smooth ride?

Your last post answering your own question:

Thank you all, lucky me I still got my 2002 Toyota Camry... I just have to park my LC in the gargage and use it when my in laws are not going anywhere with us... I will miss driving my LC :-( but life will be much easy.

Well ... that was fun :confused:

Gaijin,
Since I bought the LC I have not touch my camry. I was hoping I can lower the LC down for short time. But it seem too complicated so I let that idea go... driving the LC and go back to drive the camry is a huge different.

Throw this in the cargo area and be done. It's alot bigger and sturdier step than the rubbermade deals, has grip tape on top and the legs fold under it so it doesn't take up much space. We've had one in every RV we've ever owned and wouldn't be without.

61jzyiXXYBL._SL1500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom