Im losing my mind with these Lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok so I bought DEPOs I asked what to replace my existing headlights that was the answer And now I cannot install OE lights or LEDs, I made a video to show the issue, what am I missing here???

The OE bulbs are 9005/6, correct?

The LED bulbs are 9005/6 as well, correct?

Are you sure those Depos are made for those bulbs? It seems as though you need H4 lows and H1 highs.

Last edited:
Looks like you're trying to put bulbs that fit your old headlights into the DEPO housings that run a different bulb than the OEM housing.

The OE bulbs are 9005/6, correct?

The LED bulbs are 9005/6 as well, correct?

Are you sure those Depos are made for those bulbs? It seems as though you need H4 lows and H1 highs.
h1 and h4 leds will fit? Im losing my entire mind just trying to get the F$#@ing lights to work properly

I did not realize they did in deed require H4 and H1 respectively Thanks Guys Im doing so much work to this truck I get ahead of myself, But two things, First this is making toyota look good(because shes a beast) and two Its gotta be awesome to watch me and go damn I remember when I was a yota newbie.

I saw the wire retaining clips and my mind went straight to H4 and H1 also

I bought the ones you're showing off eBay. They're European and made for a right hand drive(supposedly) and they'll be blinding the oncoming driver if you do get them up and running(just what I've been told). I was looking at the Angel Eyes setup(like 500$) too but haven't bought any yet. My drivers side headlight has a BB hole from the little A-hole neighbor kid but it still works(aside from being so corroded that it's not adjustable). The DEPOs are cool. Please let me know if you get them adapted to American style bulbs or if you find the conversion parts needed.

I bought the ones you're showing off eBay. They're European and made for a right hand drive(supposedly) and they'll be blinding the oncoming driver if you do get them up and running(just what I've been told). I was looking at the Angel Eyes setup(like 500$) too but haven't bought any yet. My drivers side headlight has a BB hole from the little A-hole neighbor kid but it still works(aside from being so corroded that it's not adjustable). The DEPOs are cool. Please let me know if you get them adapted to American style bulbs or if you find the conversion parts needed.
the deops simply need h4 and H1 leds, I had no clue as my jeep had entirely different lights, new to yotas and I have a monster fj now. so its been a curve LOL

Remember when I mentioned to you the Innovative Harness and H4/H1 bulbs, in the previous video?
The plug you showed in the other video was for the OEM 9006/9005, but the DEPO's require H4/H1 plugs. Innovative makes it easy for plug and play.

Reactions: RFB
H4 and h1. The h4 is a dual fillament bulb But the depo's use it for the low beam only.

I have two 80s, one uses quad beams, the other one (a VX) uses a solid headlight same as the Depos. Both are H4/H1 trucks. The H4 uses both high and lows. They came from the factory this way, all our local LCs came that way. I suppose he just has to wire them to do it.

I bought the ones you're showing off eBay. They're European and made for a right hand drive(supposedly) and they'll be blinding the oncoming driver if you do get them up and running(just what I've been told).

I don't recommend using them because you might get into trouble, however my truck has RHD lights and it doesnt bother incoming traffic. I've done a couple of experiments with friends parked in an empty incoming lane at difference distances, no complaints. I've also never been flashed by incoming traffic. Granted, our traffic laws are basically non-existent, but I'm very considerate when it comes to lights.

Remember when I mentioned to you the Innovative Harness and H4/H1 bulbs, in the previous video?
The plug you showed in the other video was for the OEM 9006/9005, but the DEPO's require H4/H1 plugs. Innovative makes it easy for plug and play.
Honestly I didnt I got so much feedback I got lost in the mix. All I want is headlight that work, this wiring in here looks weak. So Im going to pull the headlights put in the depos and the new harness thanks guys

The harness I mentioned above is what I got on my truck. It works perfectly, trulls plug and play. It's possible others may have a similar one, but I have no idea about it. 9006/9005 to H4/H1... that's the one.

The harness I mentioned above is what I got on my truck. It works perfectly, trulls plug and play. It's possible others may have a similar one, but I have no idea about it. 9006/9005 to H4/H1... that's the one.
I ordered it, Im done pulling my hair out on lights, I got other s*** Id rather be replacing, wiring or otherwise upgrading .LOL

Ditch those led bulbs. The light output will be s*** compared to stock because of how LEDs throw light and because their focal point won't be anywhere close to where it needs to be.

I had Depos for a while with halogen bulbs and while the output was less yellow than stock, the pattern wasn't an improvement, so I did a quad bixenon projector retrofit. If you're serious about light, that's the route you should take but I gotta warn you... it is a ton of fiddlefxxxing to make it happen.

Make sure you also get the correct bulb type H4 and H1. Otherwise this will be a rat race.
no man Im hip I checked the housng(didnt know to do that) and its labeled h1 and h4 respectivly. Thanks Brother

Proof I am not full of hot air.

IMG_20170511_182516315.jpg

IMG_20170511_182606794.jpg

IMG_20170511_182624919_HDR.jpg

Ditch those led bulbs. The light output will be s*** compared to stock because of how LEDs throw light and because their focal point won't be anywhere close to where it needs to be.

I had Depos for a while with halogen bulbs and while the output was less yellow than stock, the pattern wasn't an improvement, so I did a quad bixenon projector retrofit. If you're serious about light, that's the route you should take but I gotta warn you... it is a ton of fiddlefxxxing to make it happen.
Im not looking for ultimate headlight performance, I have rigid s thanks tho, i suck at fiddle ***ing LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom