If you could design your own "full" cargo build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looking good.

Be prepared when you have that fully extended in the truck that the tail will wag the dog - in other words it will have a lot of leverage on the main system body. I use a couple of 2" door stops to add stability when I deploy my drawer / fridge for extended periods.

Thanks Rob! Yeah, I've already experienced the effect just on the bench:D I have thes same 36" slides in the 80, but adding the additional piggyback slide created a lot of additional leverage. Are you saying you wedge the door stops between the drawers and the tailgate? I've seen designs with "helper feet" to support the drawer when it's fully extended (from the drawer to the ground). Not that the slides would fail, just for supplemental support/stability I assume.

Exactly... I use the stops under the "fridge" portion of the slide and they rest on the tailgate.

The Acccuride 500# slides in the TREKBOXX aren't gonna fail but the rubber stops give additional stability when I'm using the max extension. I have the AUX workstation attachment which holds my partner steel stove on the end of the shallow drawer - a custom touch I did.

Looks good, bump for any progress photos?

FWIW, the double Accuride lockers are not necessary IMO. I have built two long drawers with the 60" single lock on one side and have been happy with the stability. Double lockers would be nice but added cost and complexity.

I built this setup for my 100 as a proof in concept and never got around to redoing it. Will build a much nicer version for the 200 here in the shop once things slow down in a few months. We love the water container put the fridge is too high. @ntsaint and the Trekboxx setup have a great fridge height, especially for the 63qt model.

IMG_2309.JPG

Just curious how wide are the drawers? I don't have a 200 series but thinking about it and want to know if I can get my 2 dog crates on top of a drawer system. Thanks.

Looks good, bump for any progress photos?

Thanks and well, since you asked... As you can see, the design morphed slightly from concept to reality, but stayed pretty close to the original intent. I just apologize for being so pathetic posting updates:rolleyes:

IMG_5566.JPG

IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

IMG_5571.JPG

IMG_5572.JPG

Last edited:
More...

IMG_6218.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6382.JPG

IMG_6384.JPG

IMG_6468.JPG

More...

IMG_6469.JPG

IMG_6470.JPG

IMG_6474.JPG

IMG_6475.JPG

IMG_6476.JPG

Very nice work.

Thanks:D we had the pleasure of taking it out for its maiden voyage last week. Very happy with the functionality of everything. Next up??? Attic:bounce:

Congrats that turned out nice

That is really nice work!

Really a beautiful build! And some interesting adaptations there I really like, such as the can storage... What would you ballpark the overall time and dollars to build it?

And I 2nd the question, what is the finish, rhinoliner, raptor, other?

Last edited:
Man, that came out nice!!! makes my single slide drawer look like a pinterest fail meme :eek:

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!

Well done! What's the finish on the system?

Line-X

Really a beautiful build! And some interesting adaptations there I really like, like the can storage... What would you ballpark the overall time and dollars to build it?

And I 2nd the question, what is the finish, rhinoliner, raptor, other?

Damn how I wish I'd tracked my time on thes project... I would guesstimate being a one off design maybe 40 hours. Of course it could be duplicated in less. Not including the switches or plates for the side wings, I'm at about $800 for everything including incidentals/consumables.

Man, that came out nice!!! makes my single slide drawer look like a pinterest fail meme :eek:
aww don't cut yourself short if you jumped in and tackled it yourself!

Jumping on the "nice" bandwagon - that is super nice!

While acknowledging how pathetic I am for not being done with this project yet, yet, yet, here are a couple pics loaded up:D

IMG_6890.JPG
IMG_6932.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom