HZJ75 Rear output shaft seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am going to replace the seal in the extension housing of my transfer case. I am led to believe that it is just a case of removing tail shaft, flange and unstake the nut to access the seal. Is this correct? ive had conflicting advice, some say you must split the case in order to reach the seal. If i can just remove the flange i will just do the seal, but if i have to split the case ill do the bearing as well.

Also, Im not 100% sure on the parts required, does this diagram look correct? TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 70 HZJ75RV-MRQ - POWERTRAIN-CHASSIS - TRANSFER CASE EXTENSION HOUSING | Japan Parts EU

I have entered my VIN so should be all good. I will order a new flange nut and oil seal.

Thanks for any help!

Im in Australia BTW

Thanks for the reply, I tool the tailshaft off and its just a nut that needs to be removed.

Also, I cannot work out if the seal should be 62mm or 65mm outside diameter?? There is nothing to specify which one is the correct size. Can anyone help me here!!

The yoke could be grooved and there two ways around this if there no movement in the splines you can use a speedy sleeve or grind a few mill of the seal so it runs on a clean spot on the yoke.
Good luck with the work don't forget to torque to factory specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom