hydro boost brake upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed a hydro boost out of an f250 over the weekend, 84 hj60, definitely a great upgrade, can lock the 35's at 60mph if desired. Should help hold it on those gnarly hills, where it always was a struggle to stop it rolling backward

Looking at doing hydroboost on my 62... more details, what pump are you running, what hydrobooster, master cylinder diameter, rotors/calipers, proportioning valve?, how about some pictures?

Standard brakes/master etc, early slipper power steer pump with 2 segments removed(previous damage), will post up some pics when get on pc

I did in Tencha but my stock pump ( old one ) wasn't up to the task with my ram assist ..

@ttxpc have you test your setup braking and steering at the same time ..?

Works fine, is power box, not ram assist though
Although I should quantify that by saying the steering has never been good enough to effortlessly steer when locker is in, in tight gnarly situations. So am used to no power steer in these situations, brakes seem to be unfussed, as is first in the supply chain

Last edited:
tmp_30751-DSC_0801725643791.JPG
fits with the standard airbox etc, later master cyl is longer and wouldn't fit, I used a later one to fab the adapter plate, as not to take the rig off the trail.
Cut the end off the input pushrod, cut thread on the rod to accept the standard clevis, shortened the master pushrod by 6.5mm, cut the factory ps pump outlet line tigged on 3/8 jic male ends onto the original steel ends and the booster piping, made up some hoses, tigged a booster exhaust fitting onto the original ps reservoir, plumbed it and done.

View attachment 1443301 fits with the standard airbox etc, later master cyl is longer and wouldn't fit, I used a later one to fab the adapter plate, as not to take the rig off the trail.
Cut the end off the input pushrod, cut thread on the rod to accept the standard clevis, shortened the master pushrod by 6.5mm, cut the factory ps pump outlet line tigged on 3/8 jic male ends onto the original steel ends and the booster piping, made up some hoses, tigged a booster exhaust fitting onto the original ps reservoir, plumbed it and done.
what else had to be changed to do this mod? Im looking at it hard because my truck does not stop well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom