Hvac lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

watching this thread as I have the bulbs. will post part numbers after I get to the my shop. Just haven't figured out how to swap the old ones out yet

Very new to this section. 97 lx. Driving to work in the dark. The heat controls are very dark. Do I have some bulbs burnt out? How easy to replace? Part numbers? Best place to buy?

More than likely - I have had a few 80's & my longtimer w/ everything still great lights up well. The colorbar & each icon are lit, seems like a common runner bulb for the buttons, and seperate one on the temp bar.

Post the head unit you currently have installed in your rig

This thread on PG 5 (last post, last pic)-- has a couple pics of my stereo/HVAC lit up in dark - see if you think yours is darker than mine (I do run my inner lights at ~80% or brighter, so there's that too.)

HTH

My buttons would light when pressed but no back lighting. Removed the plastic dash panel. Unhook all the switches. Remove HVAC cube. Lay it face down on table. Slice tamper proof tape, un-clip and remove back cover. Use small flat head screw driver to remove 3 bulbs and replace.

bulbs for hvac switches 84999-70015

I have a friend who called these bulbs dark eaters. His theory was that after they ate all the dark the could hold, they died.

My buttons would light when pressed but no back lighting. Removed the plastic dash panel. Unhook all the switches. Remove HVAC cube. Lay it face down on table. Slice tamper proof tape, un-clip and remove back cover. Use small flat head screw driver to remove 3 bulbs and replace.

Oh man! Now you've gone and done it........

Cutting that tamper-proof tape,.......now you've voided your warranty!

bulbs are same for LX and LC. Units take three bulbs - I have two sets I don't need

I have weak backlight illumination on my HVAC buttons. I am planning on installing the center diff lock switch and have watched a youtube video on how to take out the dash panel out. When the dash panel is out for installing diff lock switch, will I also be able to replace the lights for the HVAC controls? I have search but can't find any good pics or video to change these bulbs.

That's great. I'd like to change all of the HVAC lights, even the ones that are working, so I can refresh all of them in one go while I am there.

So can someone please point to the right type and quantity of bulbs needed?

Good to know. Also wondering when I am in there if I'd be able to do some cleaning on the inside of the HVAC panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom