HVAC Fan Problem 2004 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching the forums for a week or two, but can't seem to figure out this little issue. I have several issues with the HVAC system (2004 LX Levinson Nav Head Unit).

1. First issue which started 2 weeks ago: My front HVAC fan does not come on at all. Rear climate control still works. I've tried AC, Max, heat, front windshield defog, floor, dash. None work and no sound from the fan. I pulled the fan/motor housing but the fan blades were clear (only one small leaf in there). I checked the HVAC fuse in the driver kick panel but it was fine. So now I assume the fan motor is broken and I will replace that. Is there anything else to check for the front HVAC fan not cutting on before I spend the $$ to replace?
  2. Second issue which has existed since I've owned the LX: the front AC only cools when the temperature is set on "MaxCold" and the heater works for any temperature of 65 or higher. Essentially, there is no climate control, only hot and cold on the two ends of the spectrum. I found this thread (HVAC Troubleshooting) discussing a hose/plug behind the driver side ignition panel area that is often not connected which solves it. I'm going to open it up later today and see if connecting the hose/plug fixes restores the variable temperature regulation of the climate control. Any thoughts on whether the two issues could be related?
Is there a possibility that the problem could be with the thermostat or elsewhere? I'm thinking issue #1 will hopefully be remedied with a new blower motor assembly. And that when I take the kick panel off I will see the hose and/or plug not connected, thus solving issue #2. Thanks for any help.

Update: had a break in the rain so went outside to mess around.

For issue #2 from OP: took off the kick panel and, sure enough, the white hose an the black electrical clip were both unplugged. I plugged both back in and reinstalled. My blower fan was still dropped out in the passenger foot well but plugged in. I turned on the climate control and the fan kicked right on. It was making a clicking sound, but it changed speeds, etc. Looks like I will order a new fan/motor assembly and monitor the climate control to make sure that is working. Thanks to the ih8mud forum for saving me $$ and helping man triumph over machine yet again.

Did you figure out the problem with your front HVAC fan? Was it the fan? I am having the exact same issue, fan just stopped out of the blue. No noise. No some times worked some times not, just dead. All speeds. A/c still cools, heat still heats. Just no fan.

Yes, other than the white hose/black clip being unplugged, I installed a new blower motor assembly. Under the glove box. Only a few screws and an easy plug in. Works like new.

Thank you. Looks like that what I need to do too.
Where did you buy your’s, how much was it?

Thank you. Looks like that what I need to do too.
Where did you buy your’s, how much was it?
I got it from Yark Toyota through cheapestfactoryparts.com. It came out to $144.00 incl shipping.

I got it from Yark Toyota through cheapestfactoryparts.com. It came out to $144.00 incl shipping.
Also, make sure you get the FRONT blower motor. Part number 87103-60250. Double check part numbers you need. The rear blower motor has a very similar part number and I mistakenly ordered that one first.

For anyone else with this problem, I installed this unit and it is now fixed.

9475864D-F43C-490F-9F20-EC186C16901B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom