Hub Lock Indicator Doesn't Turn On (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Hub Lock indicator doesn't turn on when I press the hub lock button on my KZJ78 '94. Any troubleshooting suggestions? I thought it was a bulb thing but I just replaced all the bulbs. Also, what's the best way to test if the hub are in fact locking? Thanks in advance!

1700511655336.png

The best way to tell if the hubs are locking is to leave it in 2WD, lock the hubs and then crawl underneath and try to turn the front driveshaft. If it spins then at least one of your hubs is not locking.

To check if the bulb is getting a signal when the hub lock button is pressed I would try to get a multimeter on the indicator light pin.

The best way to tell if the hubs are locking is to leave it in 2WD, lock the hubs and then crawl underneath and try to turn the front driveshaft. If it spins then at least one of your hubs is not locking.

To check if the bulb is getting a signal when the hub lock button is pressed I would try to get a multimeter on the indicator light pin.
How do I find the indicator light pin to perform the test?

And side note: hub locks work! Which is the more important thing to have working 🥳

How do I find the indicator light pin to perform the test?

And side note: hub locks work! Which is the more important thing to have working 🥳
So just a heads up regarding the electronic lockers, they run on a brush system with a small clock motor to spin the gear. These brushes are notorious for wearing down and working intermittently at best. There is information online about how to rebuild them. It's in Japanese but google translate works a charm. I called a brush supply company near me and they had some that would fit with some sanding. I replaced my brushes two times ハブの修理 - http://kiri78.fc2web.com/habu.htm
After fixing these brushes I had the oldblue manual conversion done instead and now I just spin an Allen key and they engage 100 percent of the time. If you search on this site there is info regarding the conversion. I have a set of AVM manuals as my backups now.

As for the light not coming on, I sadly don't have any new information. My lights just stopped working which is fine because they were just flashing anyways after the old blue conversion. If you figure it out keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom