How's your 100 Series Body Lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I might have a few leftover chunks in the garage. Mine now is a hybrid/bastard of a 100 upper, and 80 lower. Give me a day or two and I should be able to give you a spline count and size.
I found this ....

LandCruiser IFS 100 Series Steering Shaft Extension - https://shop.snakeracing.com.au/landcruiser-ifs-100-series-steering-shaft-extension/

Steering shaft extension ... will solve the problem and work just fine. For anyone else looking, it's a bit spendy but there is nothing in the US that I could find.

It seems this is one of those mods that people on forums get excited about, a few people do it and say it was easy - but there's a lot of components required to make this work the right way and the proper way.

Thanks for being transparent on your experience.

It seems this is one of those mods that people on forums get excited about, a few people do it and say it was easy - but there's a lot of components required to make this work the right way and the proper way.

My view is 1" BL on 100 series is fairly easy. Everything can extend without modification. More than 1" BL has additional challenges. 3 CM is just a little more than 1", but that little additional height is why he is encountering additional challenges. I hate to say this but either he should have gone 1" or if he wanted greater than 1" he should have gone for more than 0.2" additional (3 CM is less than 1.2"). Is the 0.2" going to make a difference? Can it even be noticed? Note I have 1" BL and true 35" tires with zero rubbing so 1" BL could have achieved his goal.

The more than 1" BL is difficult enough that it is difficult to find certain components off the shelf (OTS) that accommodates them. For example, I could find no slider that OTS would provide support for greater than 1" BL (WKOR provides OTS support for 1" BL). I do not know if they would allow to customize for greater than 1" or what the cost would be. I did find Coastal Off Road had OTS support for both 1" BL and 2" BL at least on their rear bumper. However, they totally under sell the skills needed to assemble their rear bumper and the chrome parts are holding up to the weather real poorly (and this is a So Cal car - I hate to imagine how it would look in a wet area where they salt the roads). So this is definitely not a recommendation for their bumper but they do offer OTS customization for both 1" BL and 2" BL.

That's why I only did 1/2". It required nothing else but was still labor intensive. I figured another 1/2" wasn't worth the trouble (my main reason was keeping correct fitment on OEM bumpers).

Just as a correction ... I mentioned I had the VGRS in my 06 LC ... NONE of the Land Cruiser 100 series in the US market have VGRS. ONLY the LX470's. I just replaced my steering rack and discovered this. Otherwise, body lift is still good. Just got to tweak the lower radiator mounts somehow. The two L brackets that come off the side of the radiator have a hole that fits over the lower "prong" I guess. Mine ended up having a lot of slop in there and I need to figure out how to secure it better. Maybe some kind of a rubber bushing or something. Anyone else deal with this?

There are many Japanese body lift kits. Here is a 4" BL that includes a bunch of stuff. The second pic is of a stabilization bar. 3rd pic is of brackets to line up bumpers after BL. I would think anything over 1-2" is a little overboard. Better off just clearancing the fenders/wheel wells.
View attachment 188143View attachment 188144View attachment 188159
These look awesome! How did you track these images down? Do you know where to even source these parts?

@harshjay Super old post but I think Dave Steadman @Japan4X4 can help you obtain Japan market products.

In case it helps, to help with my steering column I purchased a second "yoke" from Toyota and welded it into a longer sliding extension. I purchased very expensive aftermarket steering extension from New Zealand and it was awful.

Part number from Toyota was 45219-60080.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 221325.png
yoke.png

In case it helps, to help with my steering column I purchased a second "yoke" from Toyota and welded it into a longer sliding extension. I purchased very expensive aftermarket steering extension from New Zealand and it was awful.

View attachment 3433542View attachment 3433543

This works really well for solid axle conversions also.

If looking for a steering shaft extension, this is another option... Got it from another thread around here.
Seems like nearly 1/2 the price as the Aussie one, and it's in the US (San Diego)

Contacted the shop recently and they confirmed it will fit 100 LandCuiser/LX
(I haven't done my BL yet, but prepping parts to do it this soon)

St adapter.jpg

View attachment 3433542View attachment 3433543
yah, I got the same extension from NZ...and I didn't like a few things either.

A longer replacement OEM style yoke would be the ticket, so just like what you made.

I had to reduce the length of mine, as there wasn't any slack / slide to even get it inline. Also, it clocked the OEM bevel 90 degrees, so now I need an alignment.

I mentioned your concerns to the NZ manufacturer, and he said you had 'failed to follow his directions' and to let him know of any problems I have....he didn't respond after I left him several e-mails worth of problems.

So I would not recommend Flat out Offroad either.

If looking for a steering shaft extension, this is another option... Got it from another thread around here.
Seems like nearly 1/2 the price as the Aussie one, and it's in the US (San Diego)

Contacted the shop recently and they confirmed it will fit 100 LandCuiser/LX
(I haven't done my BL yet, but prepping parts to do it this soon)

View attachment 3552356
this one looks decent, and they haven't messed with clocking the bevel.

2" body lift, bought from Flat out offroad in New Zealand.

The pucks are nice, the hardware is a high enough grade, the "instruction" or claiming it was a "kit" was severely lacking.

Got all the puck in, knocked off OEM washers and re-used.

Several bracket needed to be made do drop radiator, and ac condensor. made lift brackets for front and rear bumpers. Adjusted the shifter linkage.

the 2" body lift is mint. So much room for fun, and not that much work, with the right tools, and some metal, and some paint, and some powdercoating, and some welding, and some other stuff I forgot. The NZ steering extension is trash, the ones shown in this thread are the ticket if you don't want to mess with the alignment. I have all my tires / wheels here now...so maybe even this weekend will have all the 37" on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom