How to tell if it’s an LX model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at buying a 1982 FJ40. How do you tell if it’s an LX model?
It has the zebra forward facing seats with brown interior. It has 2 windscreen wipers. It is a 4 speed.
New to this.
Thanks

LX usually came with three wipers and forward facing rear seat.

Ask @cruiserdan to send you some pics of the LX at the heritage museum.

Looks like Adeline is in Victoria Australia. I show three wiper windshield starting in 1/82 on RHD. H41 would be standard even on a LX models made prior to 10/82. it would have LX emblems on both aprons behind the Toyota Land Cruiser emblem.

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies. Sorry I should have added more information. We are from Australia, it’s RHD. The trim code is: FD41. There is no emblem.
Is there any other checks we can do?

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies. Sorry I should have added more information. We are from Australia, it’s RHD. The trim code is: FD41. There is no emblem.
Is there any other checks we can do?
It’s 10/82

An Aus LX will have:

3 wipers

An LX badge on both front fenders

3 seats up front, all in zebra fabric.

2 zebra seats in the back with one 'captains' chair with an armrest.

Brown vinyl floor, brown plastic trim, brown window winders and door openers. Brown astro turf/fake grass in the rear.

Japanese and Middle East LX's were a bit different. If you live in Aus I doubt it is an import.

20230929_122250.jpg

2 LX's

20211014_164810.jpg

20201107_133620.jpg

Mine is the yellow one, any questions let me know!

I have the same brochure printed off on my shed wall.

I've always thought it a bit strange. It's missing the LX badges and the third wiper. Looks more like a Jap LX. It also has steel split rims when LX were chrome. Its not adding up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom