HOW TO: adding a 2nd set of wheel TPMS programming to 2020-20-23 GX460 - SO EASY! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In this video I describe what TPMS part numbers you need (Toyota Part # 42607-53020) for each wheel, installing them, setting the bead and the menu functions and process for auto-learning. Hopefully this helps some of you all who plan on adding a 2nd set of wheels. Any feedback is appreciated!

You don't need Toyota TPMS units. There are others that work. Some can be programmed with the same IDs as the factory ones if you wish. Or you can use a TPMS programmer to read the IDs from the wheels you have on the car and put those values into the car. I did this on my 2017.

You don't need Toyota TPMS units. There are others that work. Some can be programmed with the same IDs as the factory ones if you wish. Or you can use a TPMS programmer to read the IDs from the wheels you have on the car and put those values into the car. I did this on my 2017.

Thanks! Yeah, I knew I could clone them and go with cheaper models and knock off brands, but these weren’t that expensive and I knew they would work the first time. I didn’t want to have to break the bead and go through the whole process. I have Techstream and all that, I was happy not to use it or have to halfass it at all.

Thanks! Yeah, I knew I could clone them and go with cheaper models and knock off brands, but these weren’t that expensive and I knew they would work the first time. I didn’t want to have to break the bead and go through the whole process. I have Techstream and all that, I was happy not to use it or have to halfass it at all.
When you say, "Not that expensive..." how much did you pay? I spend about $500.00 for new OEM sensors on my 2013 about 2 years ago.

$68.18 and $272.72 all-in is pretty inexpensive for the actual TPMS sensors from Toyota and not some questionable knock-off or something that needs to be cloned.

These prices are from Lexus of Mobile and current.

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 10.20.57 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m
1692648864269.png

Denso is the OEM Supplier - $35.79 each at RockAuto.
$15 to have them Put on at Wal*Mart. They only have to push top of Tire down were Sensor is Located and not Rotate Tire on Rim.
I tried to do it with Scissor Jack under Hitch and it was Really Difficult then you have to stick your hands in there to put new Sensor. My Fingers way to Pretty for that.
I have a Buddy with OBDII Computer so that part is Free otherwise about $100 most places.
I would not get any unknown brands because if the Batteries Fail you will face the same Problem again.
Tons of Sensors on Ebays are Chinese Knocks offs and you will likely just frustrate yourself and tell everyone about your Bad Experience (I know this first hand).

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom