How do I install new FJ40 Quarterpanel replacements? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching the forums trying to find steps for installing my new quarterpanels but haven't found anything other than what CCOT has on their site. I'm a visual guy and would like to see pics and steps if anyone could link me to some. I bought my panels from BTB products very happy. If anyone has any good resources and links to instructions on fitting the new quarterpanels, I would appreciate it. The old panels have been cut out and it's basically a stripped tub at this point of the build. I'm also putting in wheel well tops, sil plate and corners. Specifically, I was wondering if I need to tack them in by eye then install the roof sides and ambulance doors (whew) to check before I finish welding. I did weld a brace between both sides. Just not sure of the process. My build is coming along, just got the frame back from power coat and suspension is on it's way from redline 2.5 with bilsteins. Will update with some pictures when I get home from work. Can't wait to get to the assembly.
Thanks everyone.
Dave

I would. I've seen a lot of tubs that are all bent up... And standards weren't all that great when they were new.

cut the old stuff off and go from there.
sill, floor, quarters, well tops then sides.
buy lots of finger clamps, some cleco clamps help also.
it's more of an all at the same time thing, rather than set by step.

sept12c.jpg

sept12f.jpg

tinE.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Brian. Did you worry about fitting up the ambulance doors or tailgate in the back before you welded in the quarters? You're build looks great!!

We used some small rivets to temporarily hold things in place, put the top on and made sure the ambulance doors lined up. Then started welding. Lots of bracing like brian showed above. We did not remove the floor or all of the wheel wells, but the process is the same. Kind of like "measure twice, cut once". Make sure, line everything up, then weld. Keep checking all alignment points as you progress with the welding.

Some pics in my build thread....good luck.

Thanks Brian. Did you worry about fitting up the ambulance doors or tailgate in the back before you welded in the quarters? You're build looks great!!

when i assembled it, i had no plans for a top of any sort. i did use a tape measure religiously, and often. i also would not do this much cutting apart or welding on the body, without it bolted to the frame.
about a year later i decided i wanted a hardtop on it. the top just fell together on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom