Hot off the presses! 3/16" thick rear fender protection panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you go with Alcan they can make whatever you want and they aren't too expensive. They can put the pin where you want it so you don't have to drill your axle perches. Find someone with a lift kinda like what you want to make measurements and then adjust those measurements a bit to your liking.

You could do a 3" lift, for instance, with slightly longer springs and longer shackles set to 40 degrees and it would likely be more flexy. Longer wheelbase by moving the axles fore and aft will make a better wheeler if you're willing to do driveline mods. (I'm no expert though.)

I'm a big fan of 315-75-16 tires.

Already have 35 12.5 15s for it. I did not want to ru adapters or spacers and when I found the brand new tires for cheap I pounced. I ran them on the Mule and like the size on 8 inch rims.
I will check.out Alcan. I had not considered that. I could get extended shackles from MAF or whatever.

I was actually planning to get a 4 inch lift (probably Skyjacker). I read where you drilled a hole about an inch forward and am considering that as well. I do not want to go through moving perches or hangers.
I will likely then be getting a retubed DS and / or a longer slip joint. (This is going to be a wheeler).
What springs did you have in mind?
Hey All,

Starting a campaign to get other folks to decide that they need Fast Eddie's rear fender protection panels. I have a 75 that the PO just welded nice thick steel panels on the rear and let his 5th grader go nuts with the grinder. I can see the use in these to get the stock wheel well configuration back, add strength, hide rust and build up the weak spot on the panel. I was going to use fender flares, but I am sticking to not so wide tires (10.5 on stock rims) , the fender flares would look old man-ish, so I want to keep the wheel wells as stock as possible. So everyone, get off the couch, man up and join me for a production run on these units! I know there are alot of fj40s out there with less than cool wheel cutouts. This is your chance to get in a group buy and save some money.

Hey All,

Starting a campaign to get other folks to decide that they need Fast Eddie's rear fender protection panels. I have a 75 that the PO just welded nice thick steel panels on the rear and let his 5th grader go nuts with the grinder. I can see the use in these to get the stock wheel well configuration back, add strength, hide rust and build up the weak spot on the panel. I was going to use fender flares, but I am sticking to not so wide tires (10.5 on stock rims) , the fender flares would look old man-ish, so I want to keep the wheel wells as stock as possible. So everyone, get off the couch, man up and join me for a production run on these units! I know there are alot of fj40s out there with less than cool wheel cutouts. This is your chance to get in a group buy and save some money.
Post pics of what you have now. :popcorn:

Post pics of what you have now. :popcorn:
Uh okay Eddy. It's like you want me to take my bra off or something (if I wore a bra, which I don't) ... ;)
side one.jpg

side 21.jpg

Uh okay Eddy. It's like you want me to take my bra off or something (if I wore a bra, which I don't) ... ;) View attachment 2773393

View attachment 2773395
Perfect candidate. Good time to move your axle back a little by drilling a 2nd hole in the perches.

Next person to sign up triggers the next run of these.

Bumping this thread along... Fast Eddy will make another run if we can get a group of at least 3 folks who want to ditch their plastic fender flares. :) I'm in, please add me to the list. :)

:hmm:

I’m interested.
I was literally just looking at my fender flares and thinking about the options.

ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom