Hood Latch Tuning Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
I'm having a hard time getting the hood correct on my Parts O Pig project.

Early 77 body and latch mechanism.

73 hinges (still have 77's if different)

70 hood

I got it so jammed up yesterday I had to pull the grill off and pry the latch open.
Any tips are appreciated to tune this in.

IMG_5437.JPG

Its just latched here not closed

Hard to tell what you have going on, but I would first make sure everything is clean and working right. You might have to take the latch a part to clean and lube it. Make sure the cable pull is working. After all that you can adjust where the hood pin enters the latch. I've seen several latches bent down from miss-alignment.

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1904.JPG

I used Super Lube to grease it, a synthetic grease that seems to work good.

IMG_1903.JPG

That's a good point. I have the early hood on a 2F. That's likely what the issue is.

It closes. And opens. It's just that if I get it where it closes easiest the hood hits the cowl by the wipers.

Where do you take up slack in the cable, latch end or handle end?

I need to see if it's hitting. Doesn't feel like it is but maybe.

My cable pulls it it's just not going straight down into the latch. When it was stuck I could tell the pin was offset drivers side.

I'm thinking hood is hitting. I'll look tomorrow. Damn. I'm sure a 77+ Pig hood is quite rare.

Are you running the F engine and air cleaner? The 75/75 and later hoods with the 2F have a large hump in them to clear the air cleaner.

Lil John for the win. This hood is hammering my air cleaner putting everything in a bind.

Shoot.

What to do?

Source a hood or figure out a remote air cleaner option?

What say the Swine masters?

3F carb hat. run to side vent or even snorkel. also called cobra head...why do you even need a hood? you got a gang problem on tha ranch? just take it off and shoot at anyone trying to steal parts out of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom