Holley Sniper on 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cns

Threads
So I’m looking into putting a Holley Sniper on my 3FE Does anyone know if a 2F intake manifold will fit on a 3FE?

anyone done a Holley Sniper on a FJ62?

I am putting a 3FE in my Bj73.

No.

Go sniper on 2F (or carbed 3F).
Or go 3FE (or build a 2FE).

3B is dead? Turbo 3B would be nice...

Last edited:

^^^ here's my citation for the No.

Then there's spark timing.... I could stand corrected by one of the sniper users, but I'm assuming the sniper doesn't do timing control, so you'd have to swap out for a carby distributor.

I haven’t done this or heard about anyone doing it but I’m incredibly curious about why you want to do it.
I have an Engine sitting in the garage. It has everything except for the in cab wire harness. Can’t really find one. I have the dreaded VM engine that is completely shot. I am a shade tree mechanic and don’t have much experience in wiring.

Consider going with megasquirt on the 3FE instead of putting on a sniper. The intake and exhaust manifold design on the 3FE is far superior to the 2F style intake. If your old Toyota EFI is shot then the best upgrade you could do is switch to a system like Mega/micro squirt. This allows you to run common sensors, injectors, Throttle bodies etc, allows for lap top driven tuning of fuel curves, and also allows for more modern coil pack ignition.

I have an Engine sitting in the garage. It has everything except for the in cab wire harness. Can’t really find one.

where have you looked for a harness? which do you need exactly?

I have an Engine sitting in the garage. It has everything except for the in cab wire harness. Can’t really find one. I have the dreaded VM engine that is completely shot. I am a shade tree mechanic and don’t have much experience in wiring.
Have you looked in the mud classifieds under "parting out"?

where have you looked for a harness? which do you need exactly?
I’ll Take a picture of the ECU with what I have plugged into it. My understanding it’s the N – wire harness.

going from port injection to TBI is going backwards. A Terminator X and setting up a coil pack system would make a lot more sense and probably work really well IMO. But it would be less work to just install an entire LS and reap the benefits of that.
But to answer your question no a 2F carb manifold would not work on a 3FE head because of the cutouts for the injectors.

A 2F carb manual will bolt on but will not properly seal as the injector ports will not be covered. However if you were really determined to go that direction I am sure you could buy a piece of aluminum, draw up an adapter in CAD, and machine a transition plate that would allow you to run the older manifold. Or you might be able to take the FJ62 piece that bolts to the head, machine it flat, and adapt the 2F manifold to that. but plug and play these are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom