Here we are again! Picked up a 2005 LX470 this weekend from Denver and road-tripped it back to NC.
Let's recap...I bought my 2003 LX (Thread) back in 2016 and owned it until 2025 as my daily when I sold it to a buddy in CO in favor of a 2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 - more space, more power, more towing capability, more spooly noises. It was my first cruiser and I had a lot of adventures in that truck and made a lot of friends as a result. Well, I have missed the LX as I grew quite fond of it over the years having never owned a car for >2 years until that one. The wife has been wanting a bigger vehicle to replace her newer Tiguan. With 2 kids now, a dog the size of a horse, and our oldest's growing desire to camp more as a family, I took the opportunity to pitch the idea of another LX470 and it took her all of one breath to agree. That was the easy part! I knew I wanted a LX over a LC so I began hunting casually as we weren't in a huge rush.
Oddly enough, my buddy who I sold my last truck to sent me the ad for this one. I had him to do some recon on it, got the rundown on it, and bought it the next day. This is for the wife so it'll stay stock-ish. She says she wants some wheels and sliders on it so that'll happen at some point.
2005 Lexus LX470
Sand Dollar Pearl / Beige Interior
222k miles
Painfully stock - even has the credit card key, hanging instruction tags on the 3rd row seats, and OEM First Aid kit.
Colorado truck it's whole life. One owner from 2005-2026 and has been maintained every 5k at the Lexus dealer with an encyclopedia of records.
I flew into Denver this past Friday to pick up the truck and laid eyes on it for the first time. It was about what I expected. Exceptionally clean engine bay and underbody, no rust, few dings and scratches on the exterior, really clean interior!
Had to take some old truck/new truck pics while I was with my old LX.
After a night out on the town with friends, I hit the road in the morning headed East. I prepared for the trip by installing a Yatour bluetooth module and gassing up the truck. MAN! I forgot how nice stock trucks drive. Smooth, quiet, good highway cruiser. The trip home was relatively uneventful. Logged 1,845 miles and got to know the truck better. It's really solid and drives great!
The truck's maintenance is really comprehensive and really doesn't have any major needs I've seen thus far. Current list is as follows:
- Muffler has a hole that developed/opened/got worse over the trip so that'll get addressed. How it will be addressed is TBD.
- Replacing the Yatour bluetooth dongle immediately. It's painfully bad compared to the BT45-TOY I had in my old truck that sadly I can't get anymore. May go with the Grom on this new truck.
- Passenger lock actuator not working with fob or interior door lock/unlock button. Need to investigate why.
- Will baseline fluids including AHC fluid and bring pressures into spec.
- Stereo has an intermittent buzzing from the driver side speakers. Sounds almost like a ground or amp issue. Need to dig into this further.
Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. It's a super clean truck and should serve us well!
Let's recap...I bought my 2003 LX (Thread) back in 2016 and owned it until 2025 as my daily when I sold it to a buddy in CO in favor of a 2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 - more space, more power, more towing capability, more spooly noises. It was my first cruiser and I had a lot of adventures in that truck and made a lot of friends as a result. Well, I have missed the LX as I grew quite fond of it over the years having never owned a car for >2 years until that one. The wife has been wanting a bigger vehicle to replace her newer Tiguan. With 2 kids now, a dog the size of a horse, and our oldest's growing desire to camp more as a family, I took the opportunity to pitch the idea of another LX470 and it took her all of one breath to agree. That was the easy part! I knew I wanted a LX over a LC so I began hunting casually as we weren't in a huge rush.
Oddly enough, my buddy who I sold my last truck to sent me the ad for this one. I had him to do some recon on it, got the rundown on it, and bought it the next day. This is for the wife so it'll stay stock-ish. She says she wants some wheels and sliders on it so that'll happen at some point.
2005 Lexus LX470
Sand Dollar Pearl / Beige Interior
222k miles
Painfully stock - even has the credit card key, hanging instruction tags on the 3rd row seats, and OEM First Aid kit.
Colorado truck it's whole life. One owner from 2005-2026 and has been maintained every 5k at the Lexus dealer with an encyclopedia of records.
I flew into Denver this past Friday to pick up the truck and laid eyes on it for the first time. It was about what I expected. Exceptionally clean engine bay and underbody, no rust, few dings and scratches on the exterior, really clean interior!
Had to take some old truck/new truck pics while I was with my old LX.
After a night out on the town with friends, I hit the road in the morning headed East. I prepared for the trip by installing a Yatour bluetooth module and gassing up the truck. MAN! I forgot how nice stock trucks drive. Smooth, quiet, good highway cruiser. The trip home was relatively uneventful. Logged 1,845 miles and got to know the truck better. It's really solid and drives great!
The truck's maintenance is really comprehensive and really doesn't have any major needs I've seen thus far. Current list is as follows:
- Muffler has a hole that developed/opened/got worse over the trip so that'll get addressed. How it will be addressed is TBD.
- Replacing the Yatour bluetooth dongle immediately. It's painfully bad compared to the BT45-TOY I had in my old truck that sadly I can't get anymore. May go with the Grom on this new truck.
- Passenger lock actuator not working with fob or interior door lock/unlock button. Need to investigate why.
- Will baseline fluids including AHC fluid and bring pressures into spec.
- Stereo has an intermittent buzzing from the driver side speakers. Sounds almost like a ground or amp issue. Need to dig into this further.
Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. It's a super clean truck and should serve us well!
Last edited: