Builds Hokie's 2003 LX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also noted during this that the truck needs new front brakes. Will check the rears also but seems like the fronts made it about 4.5 years which is expected given the amount of towing I did for motorcycle track days. Planning to rebuild the front and rear calipers with this brake replacement.

Well, I was under the gun doing my CV reboot the other week and now I'm paying for it. I didn't change the front diff seals and had a leak. Replaced them the other day. Fun fact, a RTIC hard can koozie is the PERFECT size to hold and drive in the seal.

In other news, the CV's are great. No more leaking. I also placed a huge order of brake parts which I'm waiting on from Toyota Decatur.

BC5C19C6-45B2-4E1D-8896-21BF441FC3B8.jpeg

BD1B965B-5BF3-46E1-AAF8-5264B3070A4C.jpeg

Well, I was under the gun doing my CV reboot the other week and now I'm paying for it. I didn't change the front diff seals and had a leak. Replaced them the other day. Fun fact, a RTIC hard can koozie is the PERFECT size to hold and drive in the seal.

In other news, the CV's are great. No more leaking. I also placed a huge order of brake parts which I'm waiting on from Toyota Decatur.

View attachment 3586648

View attachment 3586649
HA! Love the seal tool

Got my new steering wheel installed as part of this project. My OEM wheel’s clear coat had been chipped and broken since I bought the truck due to the PO wearing rings. The leather has only gotten worse over the years too.

This new wheel is a fantastic color match and the wood looks exceptional. Very happy with it.

Old vs. new
View attachment 3542410
View attachment 3542411
Where did you get the new wheel I have the same colors I need to get a new one.

Yup they got spray painted.

Hasan Khan on Facebook. More details on the last page of this thread.
I was hoping to find a company name or something i can reach out too. I dont have facebook :(

New brakes day for the front of the truck. I realized when I did my CV's that my front brakes were getting low and then after looking closer I realized I had a dragging caliper and the inner pad on the driver side was almost completely gone. After having the windows down driving, I can now hear the dragging and squealing of the dragging pad during normal driving. My front lines were also looking worse for wear so they also got replaced.

Ordered and installed the following today:
- New Toyota OEM front calipers - Not much more than aftermarket remans ($250ish at Decatur each)
- Toyota Front Brake Pads
- New Banjo bolts and washers for front brake lines
- New Caliper Bolts
- New Slee Stainless Lines F&R. I only installed the fronts today. I will do the rears later.

The rotors on the truck were barely worn and still true so they stayed put.

Old calipers:
D3C819AB-2709-4DD9-9372-0CB780068B6F.jpeg

Pad wear was really uneven:
67058474-22CA-4873-BD40-F83486F390CA.jpeg

New hotness:
053BFAD1-CC37-4610-AE63-327E0108AFFE.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom